XXII. THE MUSCLES ADD MORE SEX APPEAL

I was tired. No. Tired is an understatement.

I was exhausted.

My feet were achy and I already didn't get a good sleep the night before so I was a crabby bitch for the entire day. Comfortable clothes and a glass of wine were all I was looking forward to.

After unlocking the door, Miguel came running, like he usually does, to greet me with wet kisses. Him doing this made me feel better, but I wouldn't completely feel at ease until I was in clothes 3 sizes too big and sprawled out on my couch.

When I slid open my drawer, it was empty. In fact, all of my drawers were empty, my closet too. This had Max written all over it and I was in no mood to play games.

I marched to his penthouse, I skipped the elevator because stairs add more suspense, and barged in. Then I wish I hadn't. I walked in on a half nude Max sucking a blonde female's toe.

Who knew he had a foot fetish?

"Val, as much as I love seeing you, now isn't the time to chill."

"I'm not here to chill, I'm here to get my stuff back." I say cringing at what I just witnessed. That's something I can't un-see.

He looked at me confusedly, "What stuff?"

"Stop bullshitting. All. Of. My. Stuff. Where is it?"

He sighed, ran a hand through his hair, and looked down at the blonde. "Get the fuck out."

She looked at him like he was crazy, but gathered her stuff and headed towards the door but not before saying, "I can't believe you're kicking me out for some Mexican bitch."

"I'm Spanish, coño."

Max walked away into his kitchen to get himself a bottle of water.

"That was really rude Val." He chastised, twisting the top off the plastic bottle.

"You can't say shit. You treat people with literally no respect."

Hypocrites, I swear.

"I treat you with respect, don't I?"

"Yeah 'cause you know better."

"It's actually part of my plan to make you fall in love with me. I can see us now, in LA on the beach, harassing little kids till their parents come around."

The harassing kids part actually sounded extremely appealing, it was just everything else.

"Stop distracting me! I came here to get my shit, I know you took it."

"I didn't take anything. You got robbed, it happens."

There was no way I got robbed, everything was in its place, except for all of my clothes and shit. The balcony door was locked and closed, my door was locked. It just doesn't add up.

"No I didn't! Come have a look for yourself."

He nodded and began walking towards his door, still half  naked.  

"Max honey, I know you've been working out, but you should put a shirt on." I told him.

"You noticed! The muscles add more sex appeal don't they?" He asked

"They do but you really don't need them. Once they see those eyes then the panties are dropping."

Like if Max wasn't Max and I didn't have a thing with Alec, and if Cristiano Ronaldo still wasn't in my life,  then I'd still go after Benny Feilhaber ,just cause he's hot or Messi because he's the next best thing after Ronaldo. Max could be the side hoe though.