XXXVII. SHUT UP BITCH

"Alec, can we reschedule this make up day? I have to go furniture shopping with my brother and frankly, I'm just not ready to see you." I told him over the phone on my way to work.

I was actually working a photo shoot that day, I was looking forward to spending my time with people who almost rivaled my stellar looks, AKA models.

"Your brother? He's moving here?" He asked, there was excitement in his voice.

I guess him and Vladimir really hit it off that time in Spain, I really hope they don't become friends.

"Yes, not that it concerns you." I answered.

"Well alright, just let me know when you're free." He said.

"I will, bye."

"Bye, I love you." He told me then ended the call.

I really wish he'd stop saying that.

Due to the traffic, I was a couple minutes late, the photographer was sure to let me know that even though the actual picture taking process was still an hour and some change away.

"Surprise bìtçh!" I heard a familiar voice say from behind me.

"Tyra! Why didn't you tell me you were back!" I squealed hugging her tightly.

There's a whole lot of shit I have to tell her.

"I was going to, then I found out you were working this photo shoot so I thought I'd surprise you. So what's going on?" She was grinning from ear to ear.

Finally a woman I could tell all of this stuff too, my co workers were really huge gossipers.

"You mean what hasn't been going on. My life is a soap opera at the moment, only thing I need now is to file for bankruptcy and somebody to die."

"Dang girl, what happened?"

I tell her everything, from start to finish, not sparing a single detail.

"So Alec is bisexual and you don't know what to do?" She asked after I finished my last sentence.

"Exactly. I think I'll give him a second chance, if it doesn't work out I'll stay single for awhile. I don't need a man to make me happy." I told her putting the finishing touches on her face.

"Amen to that." She agreed, "am I done?"

I nodded and backed up so she could get out of her seat.

***

"Val you like this one?" My older brother asked as we were shopping for the couches.

I scrunched my nose up and shook my head at the shìt green upholstered love seat.

He sighed and we moved on to the next one. We've been here for probably about three hours now, we were getting sick of each other and the sofas.

"Mamà tells me you and Alec split." Vladimir said, sitting on a teal leather couch, feeling it out.

My mother probably told the whole city by now.

"Yeah. He was cheating."

"Yeah I wanted to tell you, but you looked so happy with him. If it makes you feel any better you look way better than Lorenzo."

My head snapped in his direction, what was he saying?

"What are you talking about?"

"Lorenzo, our queer cousin. I'm surprised you didn't call to fly back home to beat his ass for sleeping with him." He told me, like it was nothing. Well it probably was nothing since he knew about already.