II. YOU'RE SO CHILDISH

Max to the side or top.

In about one week, I will be doing Poppy Papanov's make up for the Academy Awards. Like how amazing is that? I, Valentina Ana Lucia Morales, will be doing the biggest star of this generation's make up. Honestly, I can't believe it. It feels surreal.

Natasha was freaking out again at work, so I decided to come and help her out since I wasn't scheduled on set for today.

I walked into her workplace, and saw that is a lot busier than what it was the last time I came in.

The receptionist smiled at me as I walked past, and of course, I smiled back. In the elevator someone farted so everyone was literally dying for the longest ten seconds of our lives, until the elevator opened on the top floor.

"Hello Ms. Waters." I say in my best professional tone.

"I've been awaiting your arrival Ms. Morales." She plays along. "You need to staple this stack of papers, my job is at stake here."

I plopped down in a chair and grabbed a stapler and the stack of papers as she went back to frantically typing away on her computer.

About half an hour later I finished stapling the sheets and I've come to the conclusion that I absolutely loathe office work. I have no idea how people do things like this from nine to five every week day.

"I don't know how you haven't gone insane with all of this boring work." I commented, playing with a binder clip.

"It pays well." She shrugged and fumbled around her desk looking for something, she located a large brown envelope and handed it to me, "Go give that to the boss man."

"Sí señora." I obliged and headed to the man's office.

I knocked and didn't enter until I heard a low, 'come in'

"Oh you again." He muttered eyeing me.

Well, I was expecting something like, "My darling! I've been awaiting your arrival, let's run off into the sunset together!" Please note, I'm not serious.

I rolled my eyes and held out the envelop "Nice to see you too Max. Where do I put this?"

"On top of that file cabinet over there. So tell me, horror stories, why are you here?" He asked leaning back in his chair and clasping his hands together.

"Just here to see Natasha and drop stuff off in your office cause you creep her out."

His brows furrowed and he sat upright in his seat. "She thinks I'm creepy?"

"I knew you liked her! And yes, your constant staring and invasion of personal space scares her."

He sighed and ran a hand through his already tousled brown hair, "Doesn't she have a boyfriend?"

"Yes, my gilipollas best friend."

He laughed, "Gilipollas? How?"

Oh, somebody brushed up on their spanish. Then again, he was in international affairs.

"I can't tell you. Just know he is one."

So there I was, dining alone in this very fancy, very expensive restaurant. It was my day off so I decided to treat myself to a spa treatment and dinner at place that could put me behind on rent for half a meal. The best part about it all is that I was alone, yes I'm that lady who doesn't mind eating alone because I win at life.

Anyways, I was enjoying my meal when my best friend, Cameron, who's dating Natasha, walked in with a woman who definitely wasn't Natasha.

If there's one thing you should know about me it's that I'm incredibly nosy, so naturally my interest piqued. This woman could have been anyone; a relative, co-worker, old friend, or even a person he was doing business with, but no, she was the other woman.