XLIV. SMELLS LIKE YOU

TRISTAN'S POV

"I don't need your money ." I answered him.

"Of course you don't need my money, but you want it right? Otherwise you wouldn't be here right now trying to sell me this home."

"Whether you buy a house from me or not it won't make the slightest dent in my bank account so no, I don't really want your money."

"I'll give you one hundred thousand dollars for one night with you."

This is not happening right now. I'm not being solicited for sex right now, this has got to be all in my head.

"I'm not going to fûck you, especially not for 100k. I wipe my ass with that amount, you've gotta do better." I told him.

There's no way I could be gay for pay. Certainly not with Valentina's ex, that's wrong on so many different counts. I may be money hungry but I'm surely not desperate.

"That's right, you're some hotshot billionaire now, right? If you think your money will win Valentina over, you're wrong."

Suddenly, it clicked. He didn't want to sleep with me, he just wanted Val to hate me. It was a really idiotic plan when you think about it. How was he going to tell her without her finding out that he was the one that slept with me?

"How were you expecting to pull this off?" I inquired

"What are you talking about?" He responded with another question.

"Trying to fûck me so Valentina would hate me was your plan right? How would you have told her without digging your own grave also?"

None of this was making sense to me. I just wanted to sell this house, get some food, and get back to working. But of course, Alec had to waltz in and shît all out my very important plan for the day.

"Well it wouldn't be without its benefits, you're an attractive man, but my grave is already dug. As much is it hurts to accept, I'll probably never feel the comfort of Val in my arms again. I fûcked up really badly."

"If you know don't have a chance why can't you move on?"

He thought for a while and sighed heavily, "Because I love her...and if I can't have her, no one can."

Selfish much?

"Look man, seems like that's a personal problem. You've actually used up all the time I allotted for this appointment so I'm going to leave if you don't mind, just make sure to lock the door behind you." I told him, adjusting my suit.

He didn't say anything as I left the luxurious home. Never again am I filling in for an employee. When I got to my car, I searched my contact list for Valentina's number; times like this, I miss speed dial.

"Tristan, this better be important, you're interrupting my bath time." Her familiar voice projected from my car speakers.

"Well it's about Alec. He tried to pay me for sex." I told her, getting straight to the point.

Valentina was speaking rapidly in Spanish and I heard a plunk and the line went dead. A few moments later I was getting a call from an unknown number.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Sorry, I dropped my phone in the tub. Meet me at my apartment, like right now." She requested.

"Alright." I said and hung up.

The drive there was fairly short so Valentina was still in her silk robe when she answered the door. I definitely wasn't complaining tho.

She had me settled down on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate in my hand before she let me talk.