IV. THIRTEEN AND A HALF

Alec to the top or side.

Standing before me is one very attractive man. He was tall, probably around 6'4", he had short, curly, raven colored hair, and his eyes were a dark chocolate brown. The best part about this gorgeous man was that sexy designer stubble that makes just about any man go from a seven to a nine and a half. Men with facial hair is my bread and butter. He'd still be a ten without it though, thats how perfect this specimen looks.

"I hope you all don't mind, I have a guest for dinner tonight." Charlotte announced. Her eyes searched the room before she spoke again, "Where's Sean?"

"Not here. He said he couldn't make it." Another man spoke, walking in. He was probably Charlotte's husband.

Charlotte was visibly irritated about that, she to me mentioned that Sean was her oldest son and wanted him to meet me. Quickly, she got over it and introduced me to the rest of her family: Charles was her husband, as I predicted; Carson was her youngest son; Clara was her very pregnant daughter, and Brandon was her son-in-law; and finally, Alec was her sexy step-son. Charlotte didn't seem to like him much, poor Alec.

We all sat at the long wooden dining table that had a red table runner with gold embroidery, the cups and plates both looked very expensive and also had gold detailing. When I mentioned that this place had Victorian feel, I seriously meant it.

"If all your friends look like her can I join your book club?" Carson said, who was sitting at the edge of the table between me and Charlotte. He turned to me and winked.

Charlotte smacked over his head and told him to shut up.

I snickered a little and turned away, when I did, my icy blue eyes found Alec's brown ones. He is so sexy it hurts to look at him.

"Valentina," Charlotte calls out, eye contact with Alec is immediately broken as he looked away. "You know my son Sean is single, very handsome, and successful. I'd love for you to meet him, I know you two could be the best of friends, maybe even more." She explained with a wink in her eye.

I have no problem with that if he looks half as good as Alec.

For the entire duration of dinner, Charlotte went on and on about Sean and his many accomplishments. I haven't even met the man and I feel like I could write a biography on him. I didn't want to be rude and begin a conversation with another person, so I had to listen to her. The only other person who looked bored or uncomfortable was Alec. He must be the black sheep of the family. The black sheep of my family is my cousin, Esteban, he really needs to get his life together, but I understand why he is what he is, the boy had a hard life.

Speaking of family, I haven't spoken to mine in days; they probably think I'm dead.

"Valentina? Are you listening?" Charlotte asked, breaking me out of my thoughts.

No, of course not. Its unnatural to talk that much without taking a breath in-between.

"Huh? Oh yes of course." I lied, and added a smile to make it more believable.

"Right. Back to Sean..."

Jesucristo! This woman is cool and all but she's got to stop.

After dinner finally concluded, the rain had lightened up to the point where it was only a drizzle, so I decided to take my leave.

"Hey Alec." I called out to him to gain his attention.

He turned to my voice and I watched as his eyes wandered down my body, very slowly. I was about 5'7", had a nice figure, tanned skin, and long brown hair. I was pretty, but he was way out of my league.