XXXVI. HE'S A CLASS A WEIRDO

After searching high and low for that man, I decided to ask Charlotte where he was off too, since she was the one who probably scared him off.

"Have you seen Tristan?" I asked the woman quietly.

The host had finally come and had begun auctioning off items for some charity I have never heard of; I kind of doubt it's even real.

"No, darling he just up and left, I don't know why." She said, her facial expression looking genuine enough.

I nodded and took my place next to Max, Octavia and Vivian were nowhere to be found, not that I expected them to be. I got a text from Tristan and he apologized for leaving and told me work came up. I rolled my eyes, how much work could he possibly have?

"So Max, a threesome in a storage closet. I don't know whether to give you a high five or advise you to stop being such a hoe." I commented. Honestly I was leaning more towards just giving him a high five because his people skills were without a doubt perfect, and he wouldn't listen to me if I did scold him anyways.

He grinned at me victoriously, "Impressive right?"

After some resistance, I found myself nodding and giving him a pat on the back. Obviously, I'm not a feminist.

***

"You're gonna regret all this work you do in the future." I said, taking the seat across from Tristan.

This has become our regular meeting spot, since I can count on him being here everyday and he's too 'busy' to do anything after I'm off work.

I actually look forward to seeing him here, now if he felt the same about me, I'll never know.

"Possibly, but I'll be a billionaire so that'll make up for it." He replied, looking up at me briefly.

"You probably wear briefs don't you?" I asked, it may seem like a weird question to ask, but the type of underwear can say a lot about a guy.

In my experience, men who are like Tristan, arrogant, wear briefs. Not that I have that much experience, I just tend to ask what type of underwear people wear.

"No I don't, I don't wear underwear period." He admitted.

I cringed a little thinking how that would feel. Until the moment, I haven't met a single man who chooses not to wear underwear. It's weird.

"Isn't that uncomfortable?"

"Nope. It's more comfortable than underwear in my opinion."

Not only is he a workaholic, he's also a class A weirdo. I certainly know how to pick the good ones; note the sarcasm.

"I just remembered I'm supposed to be mad at you for blowing me off the other day."

"I didn't think you'd notice, you were pretty occupied with that ex of yours."

A reply was about to leave my lips when my phone rang. It was my mother so I knew not to ignore it.

"Hi mom." I answered.

"When did you get so Americanized? Greeting me like that. I don't understand what you are saying."

She replied, not even bothering to return me greeting.

Only her, I swear.

"Lo siento. What do you need?"

"Do I always have to want something? I just wanted to talk to my child and make sure she's still eating."

"Well I'm well fed mamá. How are you?"

"Are you sure? Last time I saw you, you were looking a little skinny. Anyways, I'm good, just really busy with all the work of new restaurant. Has Vlad arrived yet? I want Georgina to get out my house already, me and your father haven't follaste since she got here. How's that boyfriend of yours?" She spoke quickly.

"No, but he should be here soon. Alec and I broke up. He decided to cheat on me with a man."

This was going to get really old, I can already see it.

"Que?! Valentino, what I say? Something is wrong with that boy, he likes nabo!" I heard her yell to my father. "Oh hija, I'm sorry, how are you? I hope you didn't cry over that cabrón, you know next time you'll listen to your mother."

I rolled my eyes, knowing she did warn me. Just like she warned me about Blake. Sadly, she was right both times.

"Right well I have to go, bye mamá." I said and hung up before she could reply.

I knew she meant well but I just didn't want to handle that at that moment.

"Parents right?" I tried to joke to ease my nerves.

"I wouldn't know. So, if he's gay, why were you all over each other the other night?" He asked changing the subject.

I wonder what he meant by that. I'm going to have to figure out some day. Also, I didn't think he saw that since he left so quick.

"He not gay, bisexual. Still, call it a lapse in judgment,I'm not completely over him."

I feel like I'm being really insensitive towards him; I'm going around telling basically anyone who will listen his big secret and although he basically put himself in that position, it's not my place to go around the city outing him.

"Do you love him?"

I have been asking myself that same question ever since he told me that he loved me at the charity event. Frankly, I don't know if I love him. I don't know of I could wake up everyday for the rest of my life next to him and be happy.

"What's your definition of love?" I asked him, hoping that maybe his explanation could help me figure out exactly what I feel for him.

He thought for awhile before finally shrugging. "I don't know, I haven't felt it."

So much for helping me figure out my feelings, but then again, I am talking to a man whose true love is probably money.

"Then I don't know if I love him, Tristan." I answered finally.

"Well if you aren't sure, you probably don't." He said.

I nodded, knowing he was right. Giving Alec a second chance was a hard decision for me: on one hand I missed him and I wanted him back, yet on the other, the trust is no longer there; he cheated on me once, who says he won't do it again? With him being bisexual I feel like I will never be enough for him and I don't want to deal with him seeing other people.

"I think you should just forget about this guy and move on." He said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Oh quit hitting on me." I playfully rolled my eyes.

He spared me a fleeting glance before shaking his head and returning to what he was doing.

"You are literally no fun." I pouted.

I only recall this guy smiling twice and laughing once, he is way too serious for his own good.

"Well my break is over." He sighed, getting up.

A break is not what I would describe what he taking; it's more like a period of time where he works in a different scenery. Like he doesn't even eat, who doesn't eat on their break?

Maybe it's just me.

========
Heyyy thanks for making it this far! This is a pretty boring filler, only because I'm so torn on who she'll end up with. Which is why I ask y'all every single chapter. Idk why all of you guys thought that he was hooking up with Charlotte, that never even popped into my mind lol.

Will you all be happy no matter who Val ends up with?

Do you think Tristan really left because of work?

What type of underwear to you wear? ;) lol I'm kidding do not answer that.

As always, please vote and comment (mostly comment) cause it makes the world go round.

-Jay