XXIII. IT'S HIM

I struggled and tried to scream against his hand, kicking him.

Then I smelled it, 1872, Clive Christian. Alec's favorite cologne. I stopped resisting him once I realized who it was. A real asşhole.

"Realized who I am yet?" He asked lowly into my ear.

His hand was still I've my mouth so I settled for nodding. He let me go and I turned around and slapped his chest.

"You're a real dick head, you know that?" I told him.

"Missed you too, baby." He smiled and kissed me softly on my cheek. "Where are you going?"

"Grocery shopping. Do you, by any chance, know where all of my things are?" I asked him.

"Oh yeah, the convention was moved to Palo Alto so I was going to have you come with me. But I didn't know what you'd want to wear so I got everything."

Did he think that I just wouldn't know it was missing? But now that I know the culprit and where my clothes are, my mind can be at ease now.

"Wait, but aren't you a stockbroker? What do you need to go to a convention for anyways?" I inquired, the question had be festering inside me for awhile.

I bet it's a seminar on how to make people buy more stocks featuring Jordan Belfort.

"It could be something with my dad's company, you never know."

It's not with his father's company. He would've said so.

"But why do I have to go?" I asked, following him wherever he was going.

"Do you not want to spend time with me? I just wanted you to come with me since you are my girlfriend." He told me looking hurt.

Oh crap. I think I hurt his feelings. I wasn't trying to! I was just curious about why he wanted me to come. This is probably why I can't hold onto a man.

"No, no, it's--I do want to spend time with you. I was just curious. When's the flight?"

"Whenever I want it to be, I have a private jet, we're going now."

"Don't you think you should rest a little bit? Like we can go in the morning."

"No, I've had enough already."

So he's been back already? What if he never left? Maybe he was with Eva.

Ugh, I sound like one of those insecure, jealous girlfriends.

It's still fúcked up that he didn't call me as soon as he landed, like he said he would.

I said nothing and waited for him to think about what he just said.

"Oh shit-no-I mean-shit." He stuttered, trying to find a believable excuse.

Now he just made himself look even more guilty.

"I think you should go to this 'convention' by yourself."

"What? Valentina-" he started, reaching out for me.

"No its fine. Send my clothes back please and call me when you land, or not, you do whatever you want, right?"

He sighed heavily then spoke, "Okay, good night Valentina."

Then he's not even gonna try again, fúck him.

***

It's been two days since Alec left; he actually called me this time when he landed.

My clothes are just now arriving back so after I washed Rowan's shirt, I decided to return it.

I made the short walk to Rowan's door and knocked.