XL. THE SUN'S RISING

I sighed flinging the covers back, after tossing and turning for hours, I realized that I just couldn't sleep with Alma's extremely loud snoring. I grabbed my phone and saw that it was just past five in the morning; there was no use trying to sleep in these conditions anymore.

Tiredly, I dragged myself out of the comfortable bed and quietly made my way down the stairs and out the back door for some fresh air. As I stood on the porch, I realized I wasn't alone; ahead of me, a figure sat facing away from me in the sand. He didn't look too threatening so I did what any exhausted woman would do, I approached him.

Upon reaching him, I realized it was Tristan who was sat in the sand.

"Couldn't sleep either?" I asked him, taking a spot next to him on the cool sand.

This was the most casual I've seen him appear, he dressed in grey joggers and snug fitting white t shirt; not exactly the most fashionable but he rocked it just as well as he rocked his custom tailored suits.

"Nah, I can never sleep well in a bed that isn't mine." He told me looking out at the stars in the sky. You can never really see them back in the city. They still appeared dim, but only because it was close to sunrise.

"Why?" I queried. I could sleep anywhere, in any position if I was tired enough; unless of course, someone was snoring extremely loud.

"I really don't know, maybe because I'm not used to it. Why are you up?"

"Your best friend snores like an elephant in heat." I said.

She really needs to get that checked out by a doctor, there's no reason she should be sounding like a chainsaw when she rests.

He chuckled in response while nodding his head, "Yeah, she does sound pretty scary. Other than her snoring, what do you think about her?"

Bîtch. She's a bîtch. Now I wasn't going to call his best friend a bitch, I know I'd get pretty mad if someone spoke bad about my confidant; whoever that may be. Natasha and I haven't spoke since I told Cam about the baby fiasco, and Cameron and I barely speak anymore. When we do they're always short and basic. I know it's because he's still heartbroken and I'm basically the cause. I guess Max could be classified as my best friend now, he's always there for me and we're together a lot, despite the fact that he aggravates me and I'm constantly cock blocking him, but I digress. I'm not feeling Alma and Alma isn't feeling me. She's been hitting me with underhanded insults for the whole day. It would really suck if she was that bestfriend who was secretly in love with you.

"Frankly, I don't think she likes me."

She certainly likes my clothing though. Now Alma wasn't fat, but she was team thick, so why she thought she could fit all that äss in my jeans is completely beyond me. The worst part is that she stretched them out so I can't even wear them anymore.

"She just needs to get used to you and vice versa. You're kind of a lot."

"I'm not a lot. Unless you mean I'm a lot of beautiful, then I agree." I responded.

"That's not what I meant." He said with a small smile adorning his already gorgeous face.

"You don't think I'm pretty?" I asked. Whether he thought I was pretty or not, it didn't matter.

I knew I was resplendent and so did a large portion of the population of people who liked women, not to be cocky or anything.

"I never said that."

"So what are you saying?"

"The sun's rising." He said, throwing me off a bit.

I looked ahead and sure enough, the sun was peaking over the horizon and it slowly ascending into the colorful morning sky. It brought back childhood memories of watching the sunrise with my grandfather every Sunday before mass.