X. YOU'RE METROSEXUAL

Tyra to the side or top.

Alec was great throughout the engagement party, a little clingy, but great; and really, I don't blame him because he didn't know anyone there.

We were pulled into my complex and I unbuckled my seatbelt to get out when Alec lightly grabbed my upper arm. I looked back at him and stilled my movements to hear what he was about to say.

"Hey, I don't think you should talk to Max anymore." He admitted to me.

"Why?" I asked him.

"I know him, very well in fact and I can tell you from my own experience that he isn't to be trusted."

I wonder what he could've done. I hope it's not something petty like he stole his chocolate bar in 1st grade; those are honestly the stupidest grudges to hold.

"What did he do?" I questioned.

"That's a story for another night." He smiled and leaned in to kiss me.

This kiss wasn't as rough as earlier but it was more than enough to get me moist between my legs.

"Goodnight Val." He whispered and reached over to open the door. In the process, I inhaled that familiar scent that I first smelled at Ms. Blackman's lovely estate all those weeks ago.

"Goodnight." I replied and got out of his car.

Now all I'm doing is wondering what happened between them. I'm the type of person that hates when people bring things up and then they don't tell me the full story because I'm so nosy. Like, I have to be in everyone's business and know everyone's shit.

Honestly, I don't think I'll cut Max off. I listened to what Alec said but I can't even be sure I know the truth yet, maybe I'll just have to learn the hard way. I'd hate to lose a friend over nothing just because someone else said it about them. I'm not the type of person to form opinions based on other's experiences.

When I got to my floor, I noticed several moving boxes near my door. When I got closer, I saw that someone was moving into the apartment next to mine that had been previously vacant. In fact, it has been empty ever since I moved here.

The door was open so I knocked on the door to get her attention. I don't normally do this but I was feeling extra nosey and wanted to see who this new neighbor was.

"You're moving in right?" I asked to confirm my thoughts.

"Yep, I just got here." She answered, giving me a friendly smile.

"Well nice to meet you, I'm Valentina and I live right next to you."

I hate introductions, they always feel awkward for me. Most times I just skip it entirely. There are countless people out there in the world that know me but don't know my name.

"Tyra. So do you usually get this done up to welcome new neighbors?"

I realized that I was still in what I wore to Laura's engagement party.

"Oh no, I'm just returning from a party and I saw the boxes. Need any help?"

I could already tell I was going to like her by the furniture I saw adorning the space. You can really learn a lot about someone by the way they decorate their home.

"Uhh, just to move those boxes inside, I'll do the rest tomorrow." She answered.

I took off my heels and aided her in moving the broken boxes inside the spacious apartment that mirrored mine. As we were talking, I made the decision that I was going to become friends withdrew her because we got along so well and had plenty of things in common.