XLV. CALL IT A NIGHT

"All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you'll be quite a lot!" I recited the Dr. Suess quote as I sat up on my couch, bored out of my mind.

Of course, I didn't even grown up with Dr. Seuss, but I used to read children's picture books when I was still learning English.

I hadn't seen another human in days, save for work. Miguel wasn't even with me to keep me company right now, he was at a play date with his little booty call. Her owner called saying she was in heat, and since my Miguel is such a handsome little guy, I'm pimping him out. I'll be a grandmother soon.

While I was thinking of Miguel, Melanie, the owner of the dog Miguel is making babies, with called me. They were probably exhausted.

"Are they done?" I asked when I picked up the phone.

"Uh, I don't know. They're gone I couldn't find them anywhere."

I instantly sat up on the couch. No, this cannot be happening right now. Not my precious little baby.

"What the hell do you mean you can't find them? Weren't you looking after them!" I raised my voice at the middle aged woman over the phone.

I would get my revenge in blood if I didn't locate my dog, and quick.

"I-I was, I j-just had to pee a-and when I came back they were missing! I'm so so sorry I know how much he means to you. I managed to find Angel but Miguel is still M.I.A."

"Well shouldn't he have been near her? How in the hell did you not find him?!" I said gripping my phone tightly to control my anger. If we were in person I'd probably be gripping her neck instead.

"Well he wasn't. I don't know what to tell you."

I gritted my teeth and ended the call. People are so infuriating, it's crazy.

I grabbed my keys and headed out the door and up to Max's apartment. He had to be part dog, so I figured he would come in handy. Maybe he could sniff him out for me.

When I walked in, his penthouse seemed empty until I heard noises coming from his bathroom. Figuring that if he was doing anything private in there he would lock the door, I tried the knob and swung the door open. He was in his large jacuzzi-like bathtub filled to the brim with bubbles with a blonde female sitting across from him and a flute of champagne in his dominant left hand.

"Miguel is missing." I announced, knowing fully well what I was interrupting. At that point, I didn't care to give Max his privacy so he could get his dîck wet, I just wanted my dog.

He stood immediately, shell shocked, and gave me a look at parts of Max I wished never to see.

"No!" He said almost incredulously, still standing there, unmoving, in his birthday suit.

I covered my eyes, not being able to look much longer, "Please make yourself look decent."

"Who's Miguel? Your kid?" The blonde asked, sounding genuinely concerned.

"No, my dog." I answered, knowing she probably wouldn't understand.

"Oh my god! Not a poor, innocent dog! I would die if my precious pooch went missing." She said, sounding ten times more perturbed.

Oh wow, she actually understands.

"Lacey, I'm sorry, but I have to help her find her dog." Max told the girl, finally wrapping a towel around her waist.

The relief was short lived when Lacey also stood, showing off all her private bits. At least the carpet matched the drapes on this one.

"I'm coming too!" She proclaimed.