III. KETTLE CORN IS BETTER

Natasha to the side or top.

"What we watching?" I asked Natasha entering her apartment with my pajamas on.

Movie Night is a bi-monthly thing Natasha, Cameron, and I have. Everyone meets up at one our places with tons of junk food and movies. The dress code is strictly pajamas and if one of us happens to forget then, A: you must strip down to your underwear, or B: You cannot attend (like some mean girls, 'you can't sit with us' type shit)

"The three choices for tonight are: Memento--" Natasha began, but I cut her off.

"We're watching Memento." I commanded. She knows that it's one of my favorite movies.

"I knew you'd say that." She sighed, going to Netflix on her tv.

I went to the kitchen to retrieve the kettle corn in the microwave, let's all admit right now that kettle corn is a million times better than popcorn.

We settled on the couch with the kettle corn, bags of various candies and sweets, and a box of meat lovers pizza and began watching the movie.

                                   ***

"I fûcking hate the person who wrote this!" I screamed, throwing kettle corn at the tv.

When I heard about this movie, everyone was talking about how confusing this movie was because it was told out of chronological order. So when I was watching it, I was thinking I must be smart as hell because I'm following pretty well. Then, the last couple of scenes happen and I don't know what life is anymore. Why the hell do I love this movie so much?

"Look on the bright side Val, Guy Pearce is kinda hot." Natasha commented.

That’s a weird name. Guy. Did his mother have no idea what to name him and just named him Guy or did referring to a male as a guy come from the name? I might name my kid Man or Boy, or if its a girl Gal or Girl, there's always Lady too.

“I guess. Have you seen him recently? Went from an eight to a five and a half.”

“He really did, I guess that ‘better with age’ thing doesn’t apply to him.” Natasha agreed.

“Like Al Pacino?”

“Exactly like him. But its been like 30 plus years since all The Godfather movies and Scarface.”

I nodded and no one spoke afterwards. After a while of sitting in the comfortable silence my eyelids grew heavy and I was going towards deep slumber with every passing second.

That is, until Natasha spoke, “Were you going to tell me Cameron cheated on me?”

All the sleepiness within me dissipated as I turned to see her cold facial expression— or her attempt at a cold facial expression. Her eyes were glassy and lip quivering slightly.

“It’s not any of my business. I told Cameron if he didn’t tell you and make things right, then I’d expose him.” I explained, choosing my words carefully. She’s a ticking time bomb when she like this.

“You should’ve told me Val.” She murmured, a lone tear sliding down her now flushed face.

Guilt couldn’t even begin to explain how bad I felt. This is exactly why I didn't want to tell her, I knew how she’d react. Anyone that enjoys inflicting pain on someone, especially someone they care about so deeply, needs serious help.

I placed what was supposed to be a soothing hand on her,“Nat I’m so sorry, I didn’t want to—”

“No Shut up! Don’t you dare try to bullshit me on this one!” she yelled, moving away from my touch. “You were supposed to be my best friend.” she says lowly, her voice breaking. My heart snaps in half.