Kingdom: Legendary War: We Are She

Nari and Younghee are paired together for a special stage

It was the collaboration stages for Kingdom and Nari was exhausted. She didn't mind meeting new people, but her social clock was burning out. She was part of the rap stage for Mayfly and while she loved being able to work with new people, she just wanted some time to herself.

Thankfully, she had just found some in the corner of her, Hongjoong and Seonghwa's shared bedroom. She only needed five minutes before she would leave to go work on the lyrics with Hongjoong and Chan. It was rudely interrupted by Wooyoung running into the room without knocking.

"NARI!" He screeched like a banshee and she rolled her eyes, covering her ears and glaring at him. "Why are you in the corner, weirdo?" He questioned and she stood up, uncovering her ears. "Apparently not getting my five minutes of peace. What do you want?"

"You need to go," he said simply and she shook her head, glancing at her watch. "Hongjoong said we weren't leaving until 9:30 and it's only 9:20."

Wooyoung rolled his eyes. "Apparently you don't listen when you don't get alone time." She crossed her arms over her chest and huffed. "Woo, if this is your idea of having fun, please. I just need five minutes. Now, four."

"You think searching for you is fun?" He scoffed. "You really don't listen. You and Younghee from Stray Kids are doing a special stage for the collaboration, remember? You have to meet with her today. Honestly, she's probably already there and you're late."

Nari's eyes widened and she face palmed herself. She had completely forgotten that Mnet had asked the two girls to do a special stage for this. Fans from both groups had been littering comments and tweets about the two girls teaming up for a stage for Kingdom and because it seemed Mnet wanted to just run them all to the ground, they were told it needed to happen.

"Fuck!" She groaned and she swore somewhere in the dorm she heard Hongjoong yelling about her language. "You best be going," Wooyoung smirked and she rolled her eyes, slipping her sandals on and jogging out the door.

Thankfully, Younghee wasn't there yet but of course the camera crew was and apparently annoyed that she wasn't on time. She didn't bother apologizing because she couldn't care at the moment.

She wasn't even sure the point of this stage. They weren't being judged on it and there was no extra points being added to their groups scores. While Nari loved all the fans and would love to work with Younghee on something, she just wished it was after Kingdom.

They had all been running on overdrive trying to prepare the best of the best for the show and it was probably the first time in a very long time that Nari could say she felt exhausted and on the verge of a burnout.

There was a knock on the door and Nari plastered a smile on her face as Younghee dipped her head in. "Oh, thank god. I've knocked on two doors and it was not the right room." That made Nari throw her head back in genuine laughter. Their building wasn't that big but she could only imagine how it looked.

"You should have told me you were here, I would have met you downstairs." Younghee only shrugged, putting her bag down. "Makes for good content I guess." Nari saw her slightly glare at the camera's setup around them. That made Nari relax a little more. It seemed Younghee was just as annoyed about this situation as she was.

Thankfully, the two girls kept the conversation about work only and eventually, the camera crew felt there could be no content between them and wrapped up for the night. Once they were out of the room and the two girls were left by themselves, Younghee let out a sigh of relief.

"I am so tired of cameras," she muttered and Nari giggled, agreeing. "Me too. I totally forgot that we were supposed to put a stage together until Wooyoung decided to barge in on my alone time earlier and remind me."

"You get alone time?!" Younghee asked her in shock and Nari shook her head with a pout. "No. I try to, but with eight annoying men in the dorm it doesn't happen. Ever."

Younghee laughed, "Same. There is no time for alone time. One of them always needs you for something." Nari nodded her head in agreement. The two talked and joked around for a little bit and it was probably the most relaxed Nari had felt in the past few weeks. She was glad that there was another girl going through the same as her.

"So, I know we didn't work on much," Nari said, "But I've heard you got a set of pipes on you." Younghee smiled shyly and shrugged, "I wouldn't say that, but I can sing."

"So, you sing, I rap?" Nari said and Younghee nodded. "Sounds good to me! What are we writing about?"

Nari thought about it for a moment before it clicked in her head. "Well, we're both girls and this is a girl stage. And we're in a competition meant for boy groups," Younghee nodded, quickly catching on to the point Nari was getting to. "We should make it about how girls are better. Just kidding. But about the experience."

Younghee nodded her head happily, "I've already sort of worked on lyrics surrounding it." Nari looked shocked and Younghee shook it off, "I just like to write is all. But I'll send them over to you later and we can go from there?" Nari clapped happily. "Yes, yes! Sounds great!"

It was late and Younghee's manager had called to say he had arrived to take her back. They hugged and before Younghee left she called over her shoulder, "Let's make sure they know we deserve to be there."

Nari nodded in agreeance. "Damn straight."