Consequences

Nari is stuck in two more weeks of quarantine

"This isn't fair!" Nari whined into the phone. Yunho only chuckled at her while shaking his head. "You shouldn't have snuck into San's room then. You did it yourself," he stated and she rolled her eyes.

"I know, but—I can't even be there when Mingi comes back to the dorm!" She dramatically rolled over on the hotel bed, Yunho only rolling his eyes at her antics. She had been caught in San's room and him and her had gotten a very good scolding from Seonghwa and Hongjoong and their manager.

San was still in quarantine as well as far as she knew and she was told she was going to be going through another two weeks of quarantine. Which she understood. She shouldn't have been in San's room, she should've just dealt with it. But knowing that Mingi was coming back to the dorm today and she wasn't going to be there, she was feeling annoyed.

"I'm sure we can help Mingi just fine, Nar. There is six of us here." She clicked her tongue at him, pouting through the phone screen. "Yeah. But you need me there too," she mumbled and Yunho sighed. He was dealing with the situation with him and Harin as best as he could.

Did he wish all nine of them could be together? Of course, he did. He always felt better when all of them were together. "I'm alright, dove. Don't worry." Nari only rolled her eyes at him.

"Yunho, I could probably see the bags under your eyes from here. And there puffy and red. You're not alright." Thus, another reason Nari felt she deserved another scolding for being dumb. Yunho needed them, needed her, and she couldn't be there.

He was good at putting on a smile, good at going through the day and trying to make the best of a bad situation. They all knew he was hurting. They all knew he was struggling. It was something that is completely out of their control, something that they can't fix.

Hongjoong had insisted he leave his phone with him for a few weeks, until everything died down. Yunho refused and while he said he wasn't reading what people were saying or what articles were being posted, Nari knew he was reading them when he was alone. They all did.

"Just, call me if you need me, okay?" Nari said quietly and Yunho nodded with a small smile. "I will, dove. Rest up, don't get sick. I'll have Mingi video call you when he's settled back in. Love you."

She smiled at him, "I love you too." The screen went black and Nari sighed again, dropping the phone on the bed. She had yet to call Harin and check-in. She had messaged her when she first saw the article drop but was left on read.

She tried messaging her again when she saw the statement BigHit had put out. That they had broken up. Again, she was left on read. She didn't want to push her. She knew she was hurting and she had her boys there for her. She did make sure to message her every morning when she woke up just to remind her that she was there when she was ready.

Unsure of what more to do to pass the time, Nari decided to ask their manager if it was alright for her to do a Vlive for a little bit. Thankfully, he said it was fine. Signing on, Nari smiled brightly at the screen and waved.

"ATINY! I miss you all so much!"

Scrolling through the comments, she assured everyone that she was feeling fine and not to worry. She was just taking extra precautions. She saw a few comments about Yunho's dating scandal and she wanted nothing more than to tell them to leave it alone and let the two handle it on their own, but she doesn't have the luxury.

"Mingi-ah is moving back in the dorm today, I was told! We'll be nine again soon!" She said cheerily and the influx of excited comments passed across the screen. She talked for a little more before ending it.

She sighed and laid back on the bed. She felt tired but she wanted to shower too. Before she could get up and make her to the bathroom, her phone rang. She groaned as she saw Hongjoong's name across the screen. He had made it a habit to call her at least once a day and remind her that she was dumb for this.

"Oh, leader," she sing-songed, trying not to sound annoyed. "KIM NARI!" He bellowed into the speaker, loud enough for her to pull it away from her ear for a moment. "Are you trying to break my ear drum!" She hissed back and Hongjoong scoffed.

"Why did you decide to tell everyone that Mingi was moving back in!" He more stated than asked and Nari's mouth formed an 'o'.

"My bad, Jong. I wasn't aware that it was supposed to be a secret." She really didn't know, but now she could understand that he was probably going to surprise fans later on tonight or tomorrow with the news that he was back.

"What am I going to do with you?" Hongjoong groaned and Nari shrugged, even though he couldn't see.

"Love me, feed me, let me come home." She stated nonchalantly. She could see Hongjoong rolling his eyes even though she couldn't really see him.

"Spoil anything else and I'll have you quarantined another two weeks!"

"YAH!"