Confusion

There is a world wind of confusion surrounding Nari and San's thoughts

Nari, Yunho and Mingi arrived at the hotel about 5 minutes away from the venue. Nari had been silent the whole time, lost in her thoughts. Mingi and Yunho had exhausted all their efforts to try and get her out of her headspace. Nari was usually bubbly and loud, always talking about something and not one to like silence. But her being dead silent, brown eyes glued outside of the window and barely moving, was something Mingi and Yunho were not used too.

The trio silently entered the hotel, following behind their manager who checked them in, turning around and handing them a keycard. "It's on the top floor, there's two beds." Nari raised her eyebrow, breath catching in her throat. "We don't have separate rooms?" She asked and her manager narrowed his eyes. "Nari, this was out of the blue. We don't even know if the company is going to cover this. I can't afford two rooms. Besides, you room with the boys at the dorm and you have overseas too. It's nothing new." She sighed, shoulders falling slightly. She felt bad that her manager was doing this, but also grateful. She nodded. "You're right. I'm sorry. Thank you manager-nim."

They trio got on the elevator, Nari still being silent and Yunho and Mingi kept exchanging glances. They entered the small room, Nari sinking into one of the beds and covering her face with her arm. She didn't want to cry, not with the boys in the room. She was trapped in her head, trying to sort out all her feelings. She thought San was attractive, but she thought all of ATEEZ was attractive; it was one of their specialties. But did she find San more attractive than the rest? Sometimes. She knew she cared for San, but she also cared for everyone else. When did that start to change? Did it change? Did she really just act on a whim because her boys were never really around other females?

Her thoughts were interrupted by someone throwing a pillow at her. She peeked out from behind her arms to find a worried looking Mingi and Yunho. "Nari-ah. We really don't know how to help. What do we do? What can we do?" She sat up, sighing and staring at the plain white comforter. "I don't know, oppa. I'm scared I really just screwed everything up." Tears filled her eyes and Yunho frowned, sitting down on the bed and gently patting her head. "You'll figure it out, Nari. But you need to rest first." She shook her head, willing her tears to go away.

"I can't sleep. Hongjoong was so sure that I'm leading San on. That I'm messing with his head. That I don't' even know myself. What if he's right? Did I lead him on? Did I really just screw up everything?" Her tears pooled over and Mingi was behind her in an instant, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her back on his chest, rubbing her head. "Do you like him, Nari-ah? As more than your teammate? More than your friend?" She shook her head. "I think I do. But I'm so confused right now. But I wouldn't have kissed him if I didn't like him in some way. Nor would I have gotten so angry."

Yunho hummed, frowning at his young member. "Maybe I should just leave." Both boys froze, sharing a worried look with each other. "What do you mean, dove?" Yunho asked hesitantly and Nari took in a shaky breath. "Call manager to meet me tomorrow at the company. I can't stay in ATEEZ anymore. I screwed it all up."

She let powerful sobs wrack her body and a panicking Mingi and Yunho stared at each other, not sure what to do.

Back at the dorm:

Seonghwa was trying to calm down a seething Hongjoong with Jongho's help. San was currently sitting in his bed, Wooyoung and Yeosang accompanying him. He had no idea what to think. Kissing Nari was something he had only dreamed of and he never thought it would ever happen. His fingers lightly brushed across his lips again and Wooyoung lightly smiled. "You finally did it." He teased and San glared at him.

"Do you think she meant it?" He asked after a few moments of silence. Wooyoung and Yeosang shared a glance, not sure how to answer. "I-I don't know, San-ah. I don't believe she would do that without meaning it. I also don't think she would call you her boyfriend if she didn't feel that way towards you." Yeosang said quietly but matter-of-factly. "I really like her." San sighed quietly, staring at his hands and Wooyoung and Yeosang both smiled.

"You need to talk to her. And maybe Hongjoong. He's very angry." San heard something fall in the next room over and then Seonghwa's booming voice telling him to sit down. He groaned, standing up and making his way towards his brother's room. When he entered, he saw Seonghwa sweeping up a broken glass, mumbling curse words under his breath. Hongjoong was sitting on his bed, leg bouncing up and down and a permanent scowl on his face. "Hyung," San said silently, sitting on the floor in front of him.

Hongjoong looked at him but said nothing and San smiled slightly. "Why are you so angry?" Hongjoong looked at him for a moment, thinking his answer over before he spoke. "I don't want her toying with your feelings. It's so painfully obvious you like her, San-ah. I won't have her messing up our dynamic." San frowned, shaking his head. "Hyung. I don't think her intentions were to mess up our dynamic. I really think she might like me too. I need to talk to her, but I need to know if it's okay. That we date. Or try."

Hongjoong sighed, staring at him for a moment and then meeting gazes with the other 6 boys around him. "Fine. It's fine. But the minute something goes bad, you both need to come to me. This cannot screw up what we have going on, understand?" San nodded excitedly, jumping into Hongjoong's lap and hugging him tightly. "I promise! Where is she? I'll go talk to her now." Hongjoong averted his gaze to the floor, guilt consuming him. "I-I may have said some not-so-nice things to her and she may or may not have said she isn't coming home and I may or may not have sent Yunho and Mingi to a hotel with her."

San groaned, hitting him on the back of the head. "I'll leave it for tonight. Emotions are still high, I'll talk to her first thing in the morning." Hongjoong nodded and everyone fell into light conversation, hearing the distant sound of a phone ringing. Yeosang left to answer it and the others started talking about their win, avoiding the rest of the drama of the night until Yeosang ran in the room, out of breath and clearly panicking. Seonghwa stood up straighter, looking at him. "What's wrong, Sang-ie?" He asked gently and Yeosang looked at all of them with wide, scared, worried eyes.

"Nari's leaving."