Girl's Day

Nari and Jane have a girl's day

"I'm leaving!" Nari shouted, about to open their door when Hongjoong pushed it shut. She turned around, narrowing her eyes when she met his glare. "And where do you think you're going? Without one of us taking you?" She scoffed, crossing her arms. "To hang out with my friend, oppa." Hongjoong shook his head, clicking his tongue. "You're still grounded, Nari. You're going somewhere, one of us needs to go with you. Plus, your knee isn't 100% better yet. What if you collapse in the street?" He smirked, knowing someone heard him say that and two seconds later Mingi was at the front door, coat on and ready to go. "I'll take her!" Nari rolled her eyes, turning around and muttering a small whatever.

"Where am I taking you to exactly?" Mingi asked as they stepped out of the building. Nari zipped her coat up more, the winter air stinging her cheeks. "I'm going to see Jane today." Mingi smile lit up and he clapped his hands. "Can I come too?! I've always wanted to hang out with Monsta X." Nari chuckled, patting his shoulder and linking their arms together. "Maybe next time, oppa. I'm just seeing Jane today, not the rest. She's having a rough time." Mingi frowned but made her pinky promise to bring him with next time, which she agreed too. "Thanks for escorting me, knight. Now be gone. But be back in like, 2 hours." Mingi smiled, kissing her forehead and going to god knows where.

Nari welcomed the heat of the small café. She unzipped her coat, ordering a hot chocolate. She spotted Jane, walking over to her and sitting across from her. She frowned a little when Jane jumped. "Jesus, Nar! I didn't even see you walk up. You gave me a heart attack." Nari sighed, shaking her head. Jane was really taking the issues within her group to heart; she never gets scared. At least not that Nari's seen. "How are you doing?" Nari asked, looking down briefly too Jane's half-drunk coffee mug. Jane shrugged, "better, I guess. It's just still weird. Not seeing him every day. And Hyunwoo is blaming himself even if he doesn't outwardly show it. And the rest are all just kind of, glum. It's a depressing atmosphere right now."

Nari's heart went out to her friend. She didn't know what she would do if any of the boys decided to leave their group so suddenly without any discussion with them. She reached over, taking Jane's hand in hers and giving it a small squeeze. "He'll be back, Jane-ah. You'll all get through this. But I'm glad you called and wanted to meet up. I was going crazy with all boys around me." Jane laughed at her comment. "Hongjoong still not letting up on the personal escort?" Nari groaned, shaking her hand. "I don't think he's ever going to again." The girls talked for a few hours, Nari telling Jane about their new album they're working on and Jane about how she was excited for their English album to be released soon.

"Have you met Seulki, yet?" Jane asked Nari and Nari nodded. "Yeah. A while ago. She's super nice. I should reach out to her too. Did you see all those articles?" Jane gave her a deadpanned look. "No. No, I didn't see the articles about my member dating someone from BTS." Nari rolled her eyes, sitting back in her chair and crossing her legs. "Har, har. Funny. What'd your company say?" Jane shrugged her shoulders. "All I know is Hyungwon wasn't too upset about it coming out and our manager didn't seem upset. I'm assuming both companies will be making official statements soon. I'm happy for him. At least there's something good going on right now."

Nari frowned again but quickly put a small smile back on her face. "Don't worry, Jane. Something good is coming your way, just be patient." Jane rolled her eyes, but offered her a small smile. "You always say that."

"Have I ever been wrong?"

"No."

"Exactly."

"Anyways, why do you ask about Seulki?" Nari said and Jane shrugged. "Just trying to feel her out for my boy. Y'know, gotta protect him and stuff. I've only met her briefly." Nari laughed at her friend but she knew she would probably do the same thing if it was one of her boys. "I don't think you have anything to worry about, her hearts in the right place. We should all hang out one day!" Nari said excitedly and Jane nodded, smiling softly. "Maybe, but not today. I have a schedule to get to and your leader is about to walk in." She nodded towards the door and Nari groaned again. "He's everywhere, Jane-ah! I swear he put a tracking device on me."

"Maybe I did." Nari sat straight up at the sound of Hongjoong's voice and Jane laughed. "Oppa! I'm so glad you came to get me." Nari said in mock enthusiasm. He scoffed, politely saying hello to Jane and then him and Nari walked back out into the cold. "How's your knee? It was a bit of walk. I can call a taxi if it's bothering you." Nari linked their arms together, shaking her head. He may still be slightly upset with her for lying last week, but he couldn't bring himself to pretend not to care. "It's fine, a little sore but the doctor said that that's going to be normal for a bit. I'll ice it when I get home, promise!" She said and Hongjoong hesitated before he started walking again.

"I didn't know you were friends with YunJae sunbae." He said after a minute of walking in silence. Nari shrugged. "We've been friends for a while actually, before I joined ATEEZ now that I think about it. She's really nice." Hongjoong hummed in response, moving Nari out of the way of a patch of ice. "You know, I do track you." He said, smirking at her and brown orbs briefly glancing to her now, wide horrified ones. "Are you a creep?! What's wrong with you?!" Hongjoong laughed, pulling her along. "It's called turning your location off on your phone, pabo." He flicked her forehead and her mouth formed and 'o.'

"That's an invasion of privacy. What kind of leader are you?!" She teased, but in reality, she really didn't care. At least if she was ever in serious trouble someone would be able to find her. If she kept her phone on her. "A damn good one." He said, smiling proudly and Nari giggled. "Maybe when I'm ungrounded I can second that statement." Hongjoong shook his head, smiling sickeningly sweet.

"Not happening."