Nightmares

Nari has a nightmare and finds comfort in Mingi

Nari jumped up from her bed, her breathing heavy and skin clammy. She pressed her hands to her eyes, willing the images in her head to go away. She hadn't had a nightmare since joining the boys, well, none this bad. She wasn't even entirely sure if any of them knew that she had nightmares from time to time. This one was one of the worst ones though; she absentmindedly placed he hand over her scar, feeling it burning a little bit. She needed water and someone. She couldn't be alone right now but she didn't want to wake up Hongjoong or Seonghwa.

She silently climbed out of her bed, cold air of the dorm against her bare legs and tiptoed out of the room. She quickly turned on the kitchen light, sighing in relief as she grabbed some water and chugged it down. "What are you doing up?" She jumped and dropped the glass at Mingi's deep voice. They both cringed as the glass shattered on the ground, frozen like a deer in headlights as they waited to see if it woke anyone up. Luckily, it didn't. "Don't move, let me sweep that up. Who walks around without at least slippers on?" Mingi grumbled as he grabbed the broom and dustpan and cleaned up the broken glass. "I'm sorry," Nari whispered.

Mingi quirked an eyebrow, reaching above her to grab another glass and filling it with water. "For what? It just an accident. I should be the one apologizing, I scared you." Nari shrugged, slumping her shoulders and rubbing her temples. She was tired but too afraid to go back to sleep. "Nightmare?" Mingi asked, leaning against the counter next to her and handing her the glass filled with water. She took it with a slightly trembling hand, gulping it down. She was glad she didn't have to explain and she just nodded.

"C'mon," Mingi said, picking her bridal style and carrying her to the couch. "Don't move! I'll be right back." He hurried off down the dark hallway and returned a few moments later with blankets and pillows. "We can sleep out here." He said with a bright smile. Nari shook her head, sitting up. "Oppa, no. You need to rest, I'll be fine." Mingi gently pushed her back down on the couch, his brown eyes locking in on hers. "Nar, it's fine. Really." She nodded, grateful that he was willing to do this for her.

They settled in, Mingi scrolling through his phone. Nari was glad that he didn't ask about it or mention it again. It's not something she wanted to talk about. She was also feeling much better squished against his arm and it was keeping her warm. "Wanna do a V-live?!" Mingi asked excitedly and Nari chuckled. "It's like, 2 in the morning." Mingi shrugged, smiling widely. "Not for international fans! C'mon! It'll be fun." He wiggled his eyebrows and Nari giggled, giving in. "But I need to stay under the blankets! I'm wearing shorts." Mingi nodded, assuring her that he promised he wouldn't take the blanket over her lower half.

They played a million little games, cham cham cham seeming to be the fans favorite. Nari was just happy that Mingi kept losing and she got to keep flicking him. Whether he was losing on purpose to make her feel better or not, she didn't care as long as she got to flick him. After and hour they ended it, the middle of Mingi's forehead a bright red. Nari kissed it, "sorry, Ghandi." Mingi shoved her down and she laughed, snuggling into his side. "Hey, oppa?" She said, craning her neck to see his face. He hummed sleepily, not opening his eyes. "Thank you," she whispered, and he tightened his grip on her just a little.

"That's not something you see every day." Yunho muttered to Jongho as they watched the sleeping duo. "It's usually San hyung or Yunho hyung. This is a picture worthy moment." He pulled his phone out, snapping a picture of the two. Yunho chuckled. "At least it looks like they're sleeping well." Jongho said and Yunho's face lit up with a mischievous smile. "Not for long." He ran into the kitchen, filling two cups with the coldest water the tap would give him and ran back out, throwing both cups on to Mingi and Nari. They jumped up and it was war. After a few more thrown water cups, some thrown shoes and a few pillows here and there, the three were cuddled back on the couch, fast asleep, Nari shoved in between the two tall boys.

"Who the hell is gonna clean this all up?" Seonghwa muttered to himself.