NTCOM: Mingi

Nari takes care of Mingi

Nari loved her boys, more than anything. She appreciated everything they do for her and does whatever she can to repay them for it. Hongjoong was always there to scold the others for teasing her too much and always showing her how she was just as much a part of their family as anyone else. Seonghwa made sure to always see a smile on her face, even when there were tears pouring down her face. Yunho never failed to make her laugh, even when he was feeling down. Mingi was always there to cuddle her when she was feeling lonely and make sure she didn't isolate herself when she wasn't feeling okay mentally. San, loves her like no other, and is always there for her no matter what, having her back and supporting her. Wooyoung is always making sure she feels beautiful, even if he has to tell her that a million times a day. Yeosang, even though they argued far too much for anyone's liking, was always by her side when she was feeling hurt and wouldn't leave it until she was feeling better. Jongho was always there to help Nari when he felt like she was being picked on or treated unfairly; she may be his noona but he is in no way, shape or form going to let her feel like she is less than amazing.

Nari needed them to know that she was there for them just as much as they were for her. She didn't care what time of day it was, where it was or who it was; she was always going to have their back. They welcomed her into their family, their group, their friendship and she would raise all hell to anyone who tried to rip them apart. Just like they were the first people to defend her, she would be the first to defend them, even if that meant she had to get physical. Sure, debuting was her dream, her goal to become one of the best rappers in the world, but keeping her family together, letting them know they were never alone is her life goal. It didn't matter if a year from now they had to disband, it didn't matter if 20 years from now they were too old to keep going; she had made it her ultimate life goal to never leave their side and always be a constant in their life.

Mingi was out of promotions for their new album. He had hurt his back and the doctor wouldn't allow him to participate in any kind of performances until he had received treatment and was healed. Everyone was shocked to say the least; they had quite literally just debuted their new song and dropped their new album and now Mingi was out and no one knew for how long yet. Nari sighed, trying not to be too upset about it. Injuries like this were bound to happen; especially with the challenging and precise choreography they'd been doing before Nari even joined the group. However, it was hard not to be upset. Jongho had hurt his ankle and could only sit on a chair during performances. Mingi was one of their main performers and now Wooyoung and Yunho were having to pick up the extra for not one, but two members.

It was rough for everyone, but no one more than Mingi. He had to be alone at the dorm every day; not allowed to practice anything until the doctor cleared him to do so. He had to watch his members on the TV, promoting and working their asses off while he laid in bed or sat on the couch and stuffed his face with food. He was frustrated with himself, even though he knew it was something that couldn't be prevented by him and that clearly wasn't his fault. But he saw how Nari and Hongjoong had to pick up his parts in the song, how much harder Yunho and Wooyoung had to work on the performance aspect of the group because he wasn't there to contribute. He was frustrated at himself and his body for having to make extra work for his members when they were already working so hard. In return for his frustrations towards himself, he also started to become depressed about it.

Nari had noticed. Despite how exhausted she was when she would come home, she noticed that Mingi wasn't his usual, cheerful self. He was always congratulating them, telling them all how they did a great job, making sure there was food of some sort already waiting for them when they got back. But she, along with others, had noticed how he was constantly apologizing for being injured. For saying sorry that he had to make Nari and Hongjoong remember extra lines for the songs because he wasn't there. For Wooyoung and Yunho having to pick up the extra slack on the performance because he wasn't there to help them out. Although all of them have repeatedly told him that they would do it for anyone and that his sole focus right now should be healing and getting better, he was still apologizing and getting down on himself.

Nari and the members had found themselves with a very rare afternoon of freedom. Most of the members had opted to sleeping and resting while some had decided to go out and see friends or shopping. Nari had opted to stay home and relax. She was currently cuddled up to Mingi's side on the couch, watching some very cheesy drama that she had quickly lost interest in hours ago. However, it was making Mingi laugh and smile, so she put up with it. "How's your back doing?" She asked during a commercial break and Mingi frowned. "It still hurts, but not as much as is it was before. The treatments are working and the physical therapy. I'm just hoping to get better quickly so I can join you all." Nari hummed in response, assuring him that it wouldn't be much longer, and he just needed to be patient. But if anyone knew Mingi, patience was not really something he embodied.

"I'm sorry again," he said quietly and Nari groaned, leaning back on the couch and rubbing her hands over her face. "Mingi! How many times do we need to tell you that it's not your fault before it gets through your cherry ass head?" She didn't mean to sound so annoyed, but she was annoyed. No one was angry at him, no one was blaming him for any of the extra work, no one was scolding him for being hurt. They were all just patiently waiting for him to be well enough to perform again and they'd be back together as 9 on stage. "It's literally not your fault. There is LITERALLY nothing you could have done to prevent this. Our choreography is rough, Mingi. We all know that. It's one of the reasons we're so popular as a rookie group. It could have happened to anyone." Mingi sighed, leaning back against the couch.

"I know, I know that. But it still doesn't make me feel any better that I have watch you all work so hard while I sit here and do nothing." Nari sighed, not sure what more she could really say to get Mingi through this funk. Then an idea popped in her head and she jumped up with an "a-ha!" Mingi looked at her confused. "Do share with the class," he said and Nari rolled her eyes. "You're able to go to the gym, right?" She asked and Mingi nodded his head, slowly. "I don't see how that matters." Nari huffed, rolling her eyes and popping her hip out. "We're going to the gym." Mingi was highly confused and Nari grabbed his hands, gently pulling him up.

"If you can't perform, working out is going to help keep up your stamina whilst also making you hot. You can tone up and give ATINY a big surprise when you come back with a new and improved Mingi." Mingi chuckled, bringing his hand up to face and placing his chin in between his pointer finger and thumb. "I don't think I can get any hotter than this." Nari rolled her eyes, pushing his shoulder. "Please. There's lots of work to be done. Toning your body is just the start." Mingi looked at her in shock as she made her way down the hall. "Yah! Kim Nari!" She giggled, changing into her workout gear and heading to the gym with Mingi.

The workouts definitely helped Mingi tone up and even though hr already had an inflated ego, it helped make it even bigger. Nari couldn't even be annoyed; he seemed much happier than he had been. In no time, he was cleared to perform again and boy, did he give the whole world a show to see, including his members, when he ripped his shirt open on their MAMA stage.