JeJu

Nari gets a nice surprise

"What time is your flight?" Mingi asked and Nari shrugged. "Who knows. I was just told to be ready to leave by nine." She yawned and Mingi chuckled. "My little morning sunshine." She rolled her eyes. "Well, I hope you all have fun. I'll see you soon. Take lots of pictures for me!"

Nari frowned, "I wish you were coming with us. Then you could take your own pictures." Mingi sighed and Hongjoong shot her a look from the next seat up. "I'll be back soon, Nar. I promise. Just have fun for me, okay?" She stuck her tongue out at him but promised she would take lots of pictures and try to have fun without him.

Right now she sat in the car with Hongjoong and a sleeping Yunho as their manager drove them towards the airport. They were heading to Jeju island today to film a few things but also just to have a break. With Kingdom going on they have been so busy they've barely had time to breathe. She was excited for the small break—even if they would be working some—but she really wished Mingi would be there with them.

"You can't make him feel guilty like that," Hongjoong said with his eyes closed. If she could reach, she would've flicked his head. "I wasn't making him feel guilty. I just miss him, that's all."

"We all do. He'll be back soon. Don't worry."

With that, Nari settled back into her seat and closed her eyes, hoping to catch a few minutes of sleep before they arrived at the airport. The airport went a lot smoother than she had anticipated and before she knew it, the ground was disappearing out the window and filled with blue skies and fluffy white clouds.

She was happy that the flight was only a few short hours and just as quickly as they had taken off, they were landing again. Stepping out of the airport and to the cars to take them to their lodging for the few day they were going to be there, Nari breathed in deeply. She loved the smell of the sea air.

"All that salt is going to get stuck in your nose," San teased, grabbing her wrist and pulling her along. Sometimes she was a like a little kid that gets distracted by literally everything. Scrunching up her nose she walked up next to him. Being part of the same group meant that it was easier for them to have certain skin ship without it looking suspicious and she was going to relish in every moment of it.

"That's not even true," Nari muttered and San laughed, pushing her gently into the car. Once at their lodging, Nari dramatically dragged her feet and her bag behind her. "I'm so tired I could sleep right here," she whined and Jongho huffed next to her. "Then I guess we already picked out where you're sleeping."

"Yah!" She yelled at him as he only smiled and continued walking towards the house. Grumbling to herself, she grabbed hold of her bag more firmly and finally, after what felt like hours, they were settled in and all relaxing.

San and Wooyoung were playing some game machine that was tucked away in the corner, Jongho was flipping through the different channels. Hongjoong was sleeping on the recliner—or for him, thinking. Seonghwa and Yunho joined Jongho and Yeosang walked over to San and Wooyoung to join in on that.

Nari was just lazing on the other couch, debating if she wanted to nap or not. The doorbell to their lodging rang and Nari raised an eyebrow. Their manager was already there so, it wasn't him. The production team doesn't usually stay in the same place as them unless their doing an overnight thing but Nari couldn't recall them being told anything about overnight content.

"It's probably the food I ordered earlier," Seonghwa said and Nari jumped up, kissing his cheek and making a beeline towards the door. "You are a saint, Seonghwa," she said dramatically and he only chuckled. Out of all of them, Nari probably loved food the most.

Opening the door she expected the bags to just be waiting by the door but she froze and her mouth dropped open at the person in front of her. "Someone ordered chicken?"

Mingi stood there with a wide smile on his face and two bags of food in his hands. "MINGI-AH!" Nari screeched, jumping into him without a second thought. He immediately dropped the bags of chicken to catch her and stumbled backwards a little bit.

"Are you trying to kill us both! There's stairs here!" He hissed out but there was no malice. Plus, he was hugging her back just as tightly as she was latched on to him. "I thought you weren't going to come!" She whined into his shoulder and he chuckled as Jongho came out to scold her about possibly ruining their dinner.

"I like Mingi more than food unlike you," she teased and Jongho rolled his eyes. "Let's go eat," Mingi said, letting go but she wrapped her legs around his waist and tightened them. "You're literally crushing my rib cage," he wheezed and she only shrugged.

"I don't care. I'm not letting go until we go to bed and not even then because we're sharing a room now."

"I told you that was going to happen," Hongjoong called out as Mingi carefully walked in with his new body shield.

Nari was true to her word. She was glued to Mingi's side the rest of the day and they did indeed share a room that night. Nari crawled into his bed and curled up in his back. Mingi only smiled and pretended to still sleep.

He had missed her too.