Not My Girlfriend

"I just called for an Uber" Becky says as she runs into the bathroom stall where you and Sarah are.

"How far away is it" you ask as you look up at Becky while holding Sarah's hair back.

Becky looks down at her phone and says, "It should be here in about 10 minutes."

"You hear that Sarah? You have 10 minutes until we need to go so get it out now." You tell Sarah

"Yeah I heard what she sa-" Sarah is cut off from finishing her sentence by another urge to throw up.

"You're lucky this stuff doesn't bother me or you'd be on your own" you say as you continue to hold her hair back.

Becky leaves the bathroom to go find Lizzie, who's waiting outside of the bar. Lizzie has been designated as the Uber look out.

Becky reaches Lizzie and tells her, "The Uber should be here in 10 minutes."

Lizzie nods at Becky while saying, "Okay, I'll keep look out. How is Sarah doing?"

Becky shakes her head at Lizzie as she looks down at her phone, "Not good. She hasn't stopped throwing up since she got into the bathroom. (Y/N) is definitely not going to be happy later."

A smile forms on Lizzie's face as she giggles at Becky's response. She remembers (Y/N) talking to her about how the night would end for (Y/N).

"What are you giggling about?" Becky asks as she looks up at Lizzie.

Lizzie shakes her head at Becky as she says, "Nothing, I just remember (Y/N) talking to me before about how she knew the night was going to end this way."

"Unfortunately, the night usually does end this way for Sarah. I'm going to go back in and check on (Y/N) and Sarah."

Lizzie nods at Becky and watches as Becky heads back into the bar. A few minutes pass and a new person has come to join Lizzie outside.

"I have been relieved of my throw up duty" you say as you wipe your hands together.

A smile forms on Lizzie's face as she sees you. You can tell she is glad to see you.

"Yay! I honestly was starting to feel bad, you had been in there for quite a while."

"Well, lucky for Sarah, I do deal with all sorts of bodily fluids on the daily. But, I'm glad Becky did come to relieve me because the smell was starting to get a bit too strong for me."

There is a silence between you too before anyone continues the conversation.

"Can I ask you something kind of personal?" Lizzie asks as she turns her body to face you.

You do the same as you wait for Lizzie's question. You feel your palms start to get sweaty.

"Ask away" you say with your body now facing Lizzie.

"Are you seeing anyone?"

Her question gives you butterflies. You do everything you can to conceal the smile that is trying so desperately to break through.

Out of nervousness, you begin to fidget with your fingers. You look down at your fingers as you reply, "No."

Lizzie doesn't say anything back. She just nods her head as she turns her body back to face the street. You don't know if you should ask the same, but you decide to leave it. Lizzie sees the Uber driver pull up.

"There's the Uber driver!" She says as she points her finger at a black Toyota.

Your attention shifts from Lizzie and the question that she had asked. Your head shoots up to look at the car.