Waiting Game

Sarah, Justin, and Becky walk back into the house - hands full of bags, giggling and talking amongst themselves.

"How was the mall?" Holland asks as she walks up to Sarah, Becky, and Justin.

"It was wonderful, I had such a fun time" Sarah says as she winks at Becky and Justin.

Becky giggles at Sarah, "Is (Y/N) in her room?"

Holland nods her head yes as she grabs some of Sarah's bags. Justin and Becky race each other up to your room to show you what they got.

"Knock knock" Justin says as he opens the door to your room.

Your attention shifts to your door opening as you pause your tv show. You look over at Becky and Justin as they walk into your room.

"We wanted to show you what we got at the mall" Justin says as he places his bags down on your bed.

Becky does the same as you lean up to sit up in bed. Becky and Justin go through the many bags they have, showing you the shorts and shirts they bought, along with some swim suits. Then they get to their wedding outfits.

"Now for the wedding outfits" Justin says as he pulls his suit out from the plastic bag that is covering it.

Justin begins to pull out a blue suit, a smile growing on his face while taking it out.

     "I got blue so I can match my beautiful date" Justin says as he winks at you

     You roll your eyes, "You say that as if I'm going to the wedding" you say as you look over at your dress that is hanging in your closet.

     Justin drops the suit on the bed, "(Y/N), you're going to the wedding. Knock it off."

     You shake your head, "I haven't heard from Lizzie in over a week and the last time we spoke, she told me she didn't want to be friends anymore."

     An evil smile grows on Justin's face, "I don't know (Y/N), things can change over time."

     You tilt your head, curious as to what Justin meant, but you ignore it. You look over to Becky, waiting for her to show you her dress.

     "Sooooo, I went with red" Becky says as she begins to remove her dress from the plastic covering.

     Your mouth drops open as you see the dress Becky has chosen.

     "BECKY! OH MY GOD" you say as your mouth drops open

"It's too much, right? It's too much" Becky says as she inspects her dress.

"NO! THAT'S SO HOT. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?"

A smile grows on Becky's face, "Really!? I wasn't so sure, it's out of my comfort zone but Sarah insisted."

You giggle to yourself, "Sarah has the best fashion sense, you can always trust her."

Becky places her dress back in the plastic covering, "I want to see your dress, (Y/N)."

You shake your head, "No point in seeing it since I'm not going."

"(Y/N), shut up! You are going!" Justin says as he makes his way over to your closet.

"Justin, do not take that dress out!" You say to Justin.

Justin begins to tease you as he shuffles through your clothes.

"Justin, please. I'm begging you. I really can't look at that dress right now" you say as you begin to become emotional.

Justin immediately stops his teasing as he sees how upset you are. He climbs into bed with you and gives you a hug as a tear falls from your eyes.

"I guess this isn't a good time to tell you I saw Lizzie at the mall" Becky says as she stands there like a deer in head lights.

You spring your head up, "YOU WHAT!?"

"Wait, you saw Elizo at the mall and didn't even tell me?" Justin says as he lets go of you.

"I went to go find you while Sarah and Lizzie were talking. When I saw Sarah again, Lizzie was gone" Becky says as she explains the situation to Justin.

"Sarah talked to Lizzie?" You ask as your anger rises.

Becky nods her head yes and you spring out of bed and run down stairs.

"(Y/N)! CAREFUL!" Justin shouts as he and Becky follow you downstairs.

You run up to Sarah, "Want to tell me about your little encounter with Lizzie today?"

Sarah looks behind you at Becky as she gives her a death stare. Becky mouthes "Sorry" to Sarah as she realizes how dead she is.

"Let's talk outside" Sarah says as she gives Becky one last death stare and makes her way outside.

You follow Sarah outside to the pool and take a seat in the chair next to her.

"Are you going to explain!?" You ask Sarah, your patience beginning to test you.

"I saw her at the mall. For the past week, she has been nagging me for an update about you but I keep ignoring her."

Your anger builds, "SARAH! WHAT!"

"Before you get angry, let me finish!" Sarah demands.

You nod your head, signaling Sarah to go on.

"Lizzie started to get annoyed with me. I kept reminding her she has no right to be concerned about you if she doesn't care about you. She then went on to say that she does care about you, but she can't prove it since I won't allow her to see you. I told her I didn't believe her, if she did care, she would do anything to see you. I must've made her frustrated because she let something slip out of her mouth that she didn't mean to say."

"What did she say!?!" You ask with little patience.

A smile grows on Sarah's face, "She said, word for word, 'Maybe I would leave Robbie for her'. After she said that, she ran off in the opposite direction."

     You sit there with your mouth wide open, taking in what Sarah just told you.

"I- I don't even know what to say."

     Sarah nods her head, "I know, I was the same way too when I heard her say that. It's about time she admitted it."

     You sit there with a big smile on your face, "I guess we just wait and see what she does now that she has admitted it."

"I guess so."