Pancakes

The next morning you wake up struggling to open your eyes from them being swollen shut from all the crying you did throughout the night. You force them open as you begin to awaken from your sleepy state. You reach your hand down and feel Sarah's arm still hugging your body. You slowly lift her arm, trying not to wake her as you turn to face her in bed. As you turn to face Sarah, you watch her slowly open her eyes.

"Good morning" you to say to Sarah as you watch her wake up.

Sarah stretches out her body before answering you, "Oooooo, good morning. What time is it?"

"I'm not sure, I just woke up."

Sarah reaches over to grab her phone that is resting on the night stand next to the bed. She grabs her phone and swings her arm back in front of her so she can check the time.

"Mmm, 9:30" Sarah says as she yawns.

You don't say anything, you just lay there in bed staring at Sarah.

"You okay?" Sarah says as she sees you watching her.

You weakly smile at Sarah, "I'll be okay. Thank you for staying with me."

Sarah smiles at you as she pulls you close to her and gives you a big hug.

"Anything for you, my love" she says as she kisses the top of your head.

Sarah pulls out of the hug and pushes her self up, getting out of bed. She grabs her pillow from the bed and smacks you in the face.

"No moping around today, get up" Sarah says as the pillow lands on your face.

You grab the pillow from your face and place it on your stomach as you let out a sigh. You look over at Sarah, who has her arms crossed waiting for you to get up.

"Alright, alright" you say as you roll onto your back and get out of bed.

As you get up, you reach for your phone on your night stand to see if you have any text messages. Your heart pounds as you check your phone, praying that Lizzie has texted you but there are no messages.

You walk with Sarah out of your room and head downstairs to make breakfast. Both you and Sarah expected the others to be up, but to your surprise, you two were the only early risers.

"Pancakes?" Sarah asks as she grabs the griddle from the top of the fridge.

You nod your head as you sit down at the island bar located in the middle of the kitchen. Sarah watches you as you sit there playing on your phone.

"How are you doing?" Sarah asks as she begins to prepare the pancake batter.

You let out a sigh as you drop your phone and cover your face with your hands.

"I don't know. I really feel like I fucked up. But what's so frustrating is that I felt as though I wasn't being heard. Not once did it feel like she was seeing where I was coming from" you say to Sarah as you lower your hands from your face.

"Well, do you think you were sympathizing with her? Do you think she felt she was being heard?" Sarah asks as she keeps her attention on the pancake batter.

"How could I feel sympathy for her? She has the control to end her marriage but she chooses not to. Just like how she chose to kiss me, to cheat on Robbie with me."

Sarah switches her focus from the pancake batter to you, "(Y/N), just because you may not understand why Lizzie is upset does not mean her feelings are not valid. You can't dismiss Lizzie's feelings just because you don't agree with them. She is allowed to feel what she feels. I can't say that I agree with her, but you're not going to get anywhere if you fight with her based on what she feels."