Don't Remind Me

"Are you ready to get report?" Justin asks you as he organizes his paper that are on his computer.

You sigh, "I guess so."

It was currently 7AM at Stirling Hospital, and after the weekend you had, you wish you were anywhere but work.

"Long weekend?" Justin asks as he watches you plop down in the chair next to him.

You look at Justin and furrow your brows. "Who told you?"

Justin laughs as he says, "who else would it be? Becky of course."

You shake your head and chuckle to yourself at Justin's response. "Well then you already know, I did have a loooooong weekend."

Justin pats your shoulder, "women, am I right?"

You laugh at Justin and smack him with your papers at his comment. Justin laughs at you and begins to give you report on the patients you'll be caring for during the day.

As Justin finishes up his report he goes on to ask you, "are you working tomorrow? I have tonight off. We can meet at Madd Hatter if you want."

You sit there and think for a moment. The Madd Hatter was where you first met Lizzie, you didn't know if you were ready to go right back. But then again, you'll have to go back at some point.

You look up at Justin and shrug your shoulders, "fuck it, why not."

Justin smiles at you and gives you a high five as he says, "that's what I'm talking about!"

You flip Justin off as he walks off the unit to swipe out. You look through the charts of your patients and begin to make your rounds, checking in on each of your patients.

After doing your rounds, you grab a chair and roll up to your computer so you can chart anything new with your patients. As you're charting, you feel your phone buzz in your pocket. You take your phone out of your pocket and see that Sarah is texting you.

MESSAGES

Sarah: good morning! How are you?

You: Sarah? Are you feeling okay? Isn't it 4:30 AM in California? Why are you up so early?

Sarah: Haha very funny. I am filming today, had to be up at 3! I've been working for the past hour now.

You: Wow shocking, you had to be up before me. You even started your work day before me.

Sarah: Yeah, please don't remind me. Anyways, how are you doing?

You: Fine. I actually feel pretty good honestly. I wish I wasn't at work but I'm not so upset about it anymore. Justin and I are going to Madd Hatter after work.

Sarah: That's good to hear! Are you sure about Madd Hatter? Don't you think that's pretty soon?

You: Yes, but I'll have to go back eventually so might as well get it over with.

Sarah: Whatever you think is best. Is Becky working with you today?

You: No, she has off. She's actually going out on a date tonight with this guy she met. She has not stopped talking about him since we dropped you off at the airport.

Sarah: Oo la la. What's his name? Good for Becky, sucks for you.

You: His name is Matt. Yeah I know, when she meets someone new that's all she can talk about.

Sarah: Tell me how it goes later. I gotta go, I'll talk to you later.

You: Alright, talk to you later.