I Don't Know

"Sarah, it's only 2 PM. I thought you wanted to go to Wildwood later" you ask Sarah, who is standing behind the kitchen counter making more drinks.

You walk into the kitchen, walking up to Sarah and unplug the blender. As you do so, Sarah gives you the death stare and smacks you in the arm.

"(Y/N)! What are you doing! I'm in the middle of making a drink" Sarah says as she goes to plug the blender back in.

You reach out to grab Sarah's arm. "Sarah! No! Are you crazy?! Make drinks later before we go. How do you expect us to get to Wildwood if we are all drunk?"

Sarah gives you a devilish smile. "There is a thing called Uber."

"Sarah, you are crazy. Wildwood is about an hour away from here. That Uber is going to be expensive."

"I don't care. I've got money to burn and I want to have a good time. How often do we get to do this?" Sarah says with a smile still on her face.

"If you're paying, fine."

With that Sarah winks at you and reaches to plug the blender back in. While in the kitchen, you hear Bernie barking from the front door. You turn yourself to look over at the front door and see Bernie sitting at the front door begging to go out.

"Bernie, didn't you just go out? How could you already have to go again" you say as you walk over to Bernie.

You grab Bernies leash, which is hanging on the key rack next to Sarah's key. You clip Bernie's leash onto her collar and open the front door. Just as you're about to take Bernie out, Becky appears in the kitchen.

"(Y/N), you don't have to take her out. I can do it, I know she can be a pain" Becky says as she walks over to you.

"Becky, are you kidding? It's no big deal, Bernie is practically my dog too" you say back to Becky.

"How about I join you" Becky says as she slips on her shoes that are near the front door.

You smile at Becky and hold the front door open, allowing her and Bernie to walk outside. You follow behind them closing the door behind you, leaving Sarah and Lizzie alone.

"So, I uh, had a bit of a talk with Lizzie while you and Sarah were passed out on the ride here" you say to Becky as you walk Bernie over to the grass.

Becky, who is walking in front of you, quickly turns her head to look at you.

"And?"

"Well, she told me about her engagement but it isn't what it seems. I feel guilty for being upset with her yesterday after talking to her about it."

"What did she say?"

"She told me her fiancé cheated on her and it has caused a bit of trouble for their relationship. She's having trouble getting past it and I guess she's feeling lost about the whole thing."

"Oh my gosh, wow. I never would've expected something like that. I feel so sorry for her, that is horrible."

     "I know, I could tell it's something that really hurts her. She started to cry as she spoke about it. It hurt my heart to see her like that. But I told her that no matter what happens, we will always be here for her."

     "Of course. She is such a kind soul, I would hate for anything bad to ever happen to her."

     As you and Becky talk outside about Lizzie and her fiancé, Sarah and Lizzie were having a similar conversation inside.