01

Six years ago

"She's here! Throw it!"

Cold, slimy, and smelly. As they laughed, they threw raw eggs at me just as soon as I fully entered the classroom.

"Look at her, you can make an omelet out of her!"

"You can make an egg tart from that, YN!"

Quiet and unfazed as I hang my head low. The white yolk dripping from my hair and more on my shoes. Nothing good will come out if I make a fuss. I'll let them laugh, just like how I always do. They seem to be so happy about me as there unpaid clown.

"Come on YN, you can make a better reaction than that."

"Yeah, at least act a bit startled or scared."

"She's totally no fun!"

Are they done? I want to go home already. I'm not attending class anymore for today.

"Hey fucker, since your gonna leave anyway might as well clean up your egg mess."

"Don't forget the smell too!"

These mother fuck- Hooooo breath YN. You can get pass this.

Swallowing hard on my throat, I pick up the egg shells one by one. Threw them all in the  garbage, then grab the mop we have from the corner.

Call me a janitor at this point. It's like everytime they bully me and make visible mess, I clean up all the time. I didn't mind much cleaning but...if only they didn't add more while I was cleaning.

"Opps, there were left overs here. Don't wanna waste them good'ol eggs?"

They threw the last ones on the floor getting more yolk on my shoes.

I finished fairly quickly and grabbed my bag to leave. I only have 10 more minutes left to run before a teacher catches me.

I fast walk down the stairs and on the hallway. The doors are just a few meters away. But I had to stop my escape.

Black messy hair, chubby cheeks but fit body, freckles scattered all over his face.

"Excuse me, can you tell me where the ninth grade section 2 is? I'm a little lost."

His asian...but his Aussie accent is strong. He's not exactly that tall but, still taller than me. Well there are a lot of Asians here in this Australian School.

"2nd floor, 3rd room. Excuse me." I rush pass him but he stops me again by grabbing my bag.

"Are you alright? Why do you smell like eggs? Are you being bullied here?" he asked all those questions quickly as if I can answer him that fast.

"Its...fine." I don't have time to explain anything to him. I want to go home already.

He let's go and I ran off.

Why would he suddenly care? Isn't he new here? Why does he have to ask questions like that as if he's been here to see me get bullied. True though.

Damn it! This is all their fault!

My feet stop running, I'm now a bit far from school. Close to the waiting shed.

If only my dad didn't do it. If only my mom didn't do it. If only my life wasn't this cruel and sad. If only...

Well, that's all I can say. It's not like if I keep saying 'If only' my life would be solved.

Life doesn't get any easier for me. The days just keep passing and hurting me. Just like that.

I took the bus home, and as always since my dad went to jail the house is empty. Mom doesn't seem to remember she has a daughter waiting for her at home.

A two story house, an over grown garden, and a dirty parking space. Obviously a place where a mother isn't present for a long time.

I go straight to the bathroom, wash off the egg on the my body. Put my uniform in the laundry machine too.

My future? I don't know where I'm headed. I honestly don't care. It's not like my parents are expecting anything from me anymore.

After the bath, I go to the kitchen getting myself a bottle of water to drink. The while house is so quiet, the only place I can relax unlike school.

*beep beep beep* *click*

"What the hell...?" I whispered to myself. The main door just opened...could it be?

"Mom? Your home?"

"YN, I see your not at school today."

She's home? After 6 months?

"School was cancelled. They're having some new rooms made." I lied.

She has her casual clothes on, her expensive bag on hanging on her arm and a briefcase on her another hand.

"I see. Dear, I'll be calling a house keeper and a gardener to come over today. They'll take care of things here for us, you can just stay in your room or go out whatever you like." she said as she dropped her keys on the kitchen counter, and her bag.

She rushed over the living room taking all of the picture frames. The only one she left was a picture of...her and grandpa.

"What...are you doing mom? Why are you taking out all those pictures?" I asked just standing there in the middle between the kitchen and the living room.

"I have a guest this Saturday coming over. I don't want him to know I'm married to a murderer. Don't want my guest feeling uneasy and scared. Oh and can you go out this Saturday? You can meet up with your friends all day. I'll give you enough money for that."

She just shamelessly said that without thinking. She's definitely moving in huh?

"So your guest is...your new lover?"

She didn't stop from taking out all the evidences of her married life and throwing them in boxes I just noticed in the living room. She planned this ahead.

"Well, you can say that. Ah YN hurry and get that vase, will you?" she pointed on my left, at a vase with rose designs on it body.

It was the vase she had as a gift from my father at their wedding.

I walk up to the table that the vase was resting on. This vase didn't price much but the memories sure was. A priceless pain for her.

She really wants to get rid of everything.
"Even me?" the words mumbled out my lips.

"Huh? What did you say YN?"

"You're going to get rid of me too? Is that it mom?"

I guess I can say that at this point of the day, I was breaking. My own mother seems to not want me anymore.

"I understand that you don't want to live in the past anymore but do you have to neglect me too?"

I didn't know she looked dead in the eyes until I turned around.

"I'm sorry, deary but...your mom...can't take it anymore. Living like this is just so painful."

She's given up on me.
She wants to start over... But not with me.

But what about me then?
Where do I go?
How will I live?
I'm still 15 ... How?

"This is all your father's fault YN." a shadow on her face as she looked down at our family picture. "If he hadn't gone crazy and killed those people, we wouldn't be in this state. Your father is all to blame!"