23

Surprisingly, there was a twist of events. I, who was supposed to kill Ma Dong Seok that night, was lost to someone else. I don't have a clue on who shot him from a different direction and either did I care. I found the situation more helpful than anything. I was able to dodge a bullet of going to jail.

Now that Ma Dong Seok is dead, his subordinates will have difficulty doing tasks and eventually fall apart soon. Me and the team immediately left the party and gathered at the café.

"Boss, we got news." France said meeting me by the door. "I found a CCTV camera footage that caught Felix running on D street here in Seoul."

"What?! I thought he was- so he was never taken far off? Those bastards are so confusing."

How did Felix manage to escape from them? Did word of Ma Dong Seok's assassination spread that fast?

"He was running with someone else that I can't make out of. I'll run the tape so you can see." we all go in the office and France quickly showed me the video.

The video started with peaceful street and closed stores. No cars and no people at all. Then two shadows came up belonging to Felix and another man. They ran till the man stopped infront of a store and broke the chain and padlock to get in. But the man's exposed arm caught my eye. It was almost faint and to fast.

"Wait, can you replay 5 seconds back then in slow motion?"

"Hold on." France moves back the video and changes the speed motion.

"What is it?" Ms. Choi asked behind me.

The slow motioned pace gave me a clearer look on the man's arm. His arm... Has a scar I knew too well.

I stare dumbfounded on the screen. My heart was racing and my mind just feels so blank.

"How?... How can this be? How is he...?" I can't make up the words. It feels so hard to think.

"YN?" "Boss?"

"Do you know the guy, boss?"

I need to get to him. To both of them. I need to see them.
"France, what time was the clip?"

He got startled but checked it. "Um, 20...25 minutes ago?"

"YN, is that guy Mister Kang?" Ms. Choi finally realized. I only nodded.

"France, I need you to go to that place and see if there are any of those gangsters still around. Ms. Choi, please stay here and watch over the cameras and tell us if something you think is important comes up. Jerome and I will be heading to my place just in case Felix has already decided to run there."

If those two were to ask the police for help they would immediately identify my father so that's a no. it could only be that my dad will take him somewhere else safe or straight to where I live.

FELIX POV

We managed to get to YN's condo no problem. Would she be here, I'm not confident. But on the way here, something feels off. I can't place my finger on it. And I can't help but look everywhere.

"Could she be home? I know that kid's quite the adventurer. She would sneak out of house a few times, thought I wouldn't know." Mr. Kang smiled to himself.

"I do hope she is."

*creak*

"What was that?" I snap towards the end of the hall. It was dim and the lights on the wall were the only source to see.

"Stay alert. They might have followed us." We walk faster to the other hallway and in front of YN's door. I press the doorbell two times, the buzzing and bell sounds off.

What is this heavy weight on my chest. Something doesn't feel right.

"Are you alright, boy? You're sweating a lot." He asked holding my shoulder.

I let out a heavy sigh and reach for the door handle. If this door is unlocked... Do we run away or run in? If it turns out something happened to YN inside her own house and we had ran away, I would regret it. But what if this is a trap and YN wasn't here to begin with and we've walked in to the end of our lives.

"Mr. Kang, get your gun ready. If this door turns out to be unlocked, we might get into trouble." He looked at me confused but nodded and readied his gun.

With my heart beating loud like a bass playing through a speaker, I press open the door and the sound the click sent shivers up my spine. The cold air from inside rushed to me. Was the air conditioner left on? Or was the window left open?

Mr. Kang glances left and right outside before coming in the condo with me.

The lights were off, which was good. But that would be bad if it was on purpose.

"Yell immediately when you feel unsafe, I'll check the rooms." He says before closing the door behind me.

I couldn't move from where I stood. Which was the middle of the living room. The blinds were down and the small night light from the kitchen glowed, a pink-purple hue.

Scanning the place, my eyes land on the kitchen. She cried in that kitchen. How many times has she done that? Crying herself out because everything. All she wanted was her father. Is she looking for me? Does she know where I am? I don't have my phone to tell her. I want to see her. See if she's crying again. Then I would carry her to hold her and to ensure her that she was safe to put down all her defenses.

"The house is clear, I think we're safe." A sigh of relief escapes my mouth, but still a huge amount of worry stayed. Where is she?

"Do you think she's working at this our? Where could that kid be?" He pulls out his phone and looks like his finding something in it. I however turned to the door.

An overwhelming feeling of worry and uncertainty... what was this? I can't feel so sure.

"Mr. Kang did you lock the door?" I asked.

"Yeah, I did. Should I haven't?"

"No, I was just asking."

Just when I was about to look away, that uncertain feeling finally revealed.

*BANG* *BANG*