31

How cheap of they? Even using my mother and Stepbrother just to get what they want. This is too much

"Let's discuss this in my office," I tell my staff to send the coffee upstairs with us.

Once inside, my father stands up furious at the sight of Seong Woo.

"Mr. Kang, I'm glad to see you are healthy." He bows.

"Tsk. I'm not glad to see you." He gives him a scornful look, crossing his arms.

"Father, could you and Ms. Choi step out for a bit? I need to talk to Officer Seong woo."

"Can't I sit in and listen? It must be about my hearing right?"

"Please." My voice almost cracked. And I know that father could tell.

"Mr. Kang, this way if you may?" Ms. Choi took my father out giving me a concerned look.

"Sit down. What else do you know so far?" I sit on my office chair behind my desk and he sits on the couch across. His leather black biker jacket wrinkled as he sat.

"Not much yet but according to our investigation, there was one more person we missed out on. And whoever that person was, they're very good at cleaning their trail."

So this is much deeper than it already was. Who else would want that USB?

"And this is the same person threatening me. Could it be someone close by?" I can't think of anyone at the moment.

"Possible, but I want to know if you do have the USB with you."

"I don't. But my dad knows where it is."

He leans in and holds his hands together. "If you could get that USB and hand it over to me, we'll make sure that your family is safe."

"Didn't you hear what I said when I read the email? I'm the one handing it over and NO cops. Why would I give it to you?"

I stare at him as his face subtly changes. You could almost miss it if you're not paying attention. His jaw clenched and his gaze intensified. This was not the officer's usual straight face.

I rest my back and lift my chin. "Tell me, Officer Seong Woo... why should I?"

He sighed and relaxed, "Whatever's in that USB was being argued about top criminals in this country, it's only normal that I would want to know what it contains. Why are these people going to such lengths for it?"

I don't trust him. I never did anyway. 

"You know what? Let's call it a day. I'll let you know once I'm ready." 

He nods and stood up. I was about to stand up as well but he stops me. 

"It's fine, I'll see myself out."

Look at that. He's been acting suspiciously. Once he left my office I watch him leave through the blinds of my glass window. First of all, if someone sends a threat wouldn't they directly send it to the person they're threatening? It just doesn't make any fucking sense.

Does he think I'm stupid? But hey, let's see it until the end. There's no harm in being extra careful.

I take my phone and dial Jerome's number. 

"Yes, Boss?"

"I need that police officer's profile asap. The one I told you about before."

"Roger that...but, Boss?"

"What?"

"I happened to have left my keys in my car, could you pick me up?"

"The fuck you think I am? Your mom? Break the damn window and get going!"

"But Boss! I just bought this car! I'm still paying for it! Please~"

"...(sighs) where are you?"

................................

FELIX POV

"WELCOME BACK FELIX!!!" the crowd cheered and I grinned happily. I can feel the warm and genuine greeting of my fans.

"Thank you!!! I MISSED YOU STAYSSSS!!!"

I was just in time for the Kingdom competition and every day got busy. It wasn't that easy to go back to normal after experiencing so many things that I just now realized. It could've been very traumatic, was what my doctor said. I end up having a hard time sleeping without remembering the day I got kidnapped. I get anxious.

So anxious that I would stay up late with Channie Hyung and only be able to go to sleep when being hugged by my friends or YN. YN sometimes visited me at practice with the help of being a VIP. She brings snacks and other types of food as gifts to everyone.

I'd ask her to stay long but she always says that she's busy running the shop and other matters. I knew, she told me about the threat. I hope things would just settle down now. Why does she need to be stressed all over again after another problem?

After a fanmeet, we went straight home to the dorms. Tomorrow was yet another day of preparation for the competition. I miss her.

"Lix, wanna play some games before going to bed?" Hyunjin enters my room in his fresh pajamas, his hair still wet with a towel on top.

I was just about to text YN. Hmm, should I go or stay? Hell, why am I even picking? I really miss her. Would she let me stay over?

"Sorry Hyunjin, I'm going over to YN's tonight." I grab my coat and my bag.

"Alright, but make sure you get back early tomorrow. We got vocal practice." he pats my back and flops down on my bed. 

"Right, thanks. See yaaaa~"

I left the dorms after doing my best to argue with Changbin who told me not to go because it was late. There ain't no way anything's gonna stop me from seeing YN. Not to say I spoke too soon. Please don't let anything bad happen.

Riding a bus, I settle in the furthest seat to appreciate the peace of the night more. It was cold and quiet. A perfect night to stroll in the park with YN. 

Not even five minutes the bus arrived near the condo. I go into the lobby and log in with my name for the entry. 

If YN isn't here then it just means she's at the shop being the night owl she is. But hopefully, she's here. I ring the doorbell and wait.

After a while of waiting, I heard loud thuds and yelling. The door opens and YN greets me with heavy breathing.

"Fuck, why are you here?" she was surprised. The first three buttons of her blouse were undone and untucked from her pants. Her hair was down and messy. "I mean, I'm not mad but, I didn't expect you to go over here at midnight." 

Without letting me say a word she pulls me inside and I'm met with a wrecked living room. My jaw drops and my concern just skyrockets. 

"YN?! What- What happened? Are you okay?"

"Things just got out of hand." she sighs and holds the back of her neck in pain.

"Ya think?" an unknown voice to me came out and I look at a guy getting up from the kitchen counter without his shirt on.

(AN I APOLOGIZE FOR THE SLOW UPDATE BUT THIS FANFIC IS ACTIVE OR I MEAN WILL BE UPDATE. IM JUST SO SLOW IM SORRY SWEETIES)