30

Five months passed, Felix and YN were able to leave the island after two weeks of living there. The last two people behind YN's Father's frameup were caught by their own stupidity.

Illegal Collector Choi Min Soo, he's underground auction was tipped to the National Police and was swarmed by military soldier. It was YN's uncle, Kang Wooyoung, who gave the tip to the police. While Kim Taepyung got exposed on his own birthday party from a personal grudge of an employee he fired. What can we say? Karma hits hard.

Today, YN realized how excessive her actions were. It's true that she didn't trust the police in the matter but she guessed that personally planning an assassination was highly unnecessary.

But this is YN we're talking about, she would go through great lengths for anything she concerns for.

As for Felix, YN made sure that he was back to his idol job and working diligently with no disturbances. As far as to even plant a spy to make sure he was eating properly and getting enough care.

The last things she needs to take care of is the court hearing of her father's case.

"I know I said I'd take care of everything, but are you planning to eat up all my money buying yarn?" YN stares at her father who was endearingly untangling balls of yarn for his knitting. "Are you going to make me sell those, father?"

"This is something I learned while being in that jail cell all this time, I can see it being a very good investment." he neatly knits the yarn together, in no time he has made three different patterned scarfs. "December is coming soon, I don't want my daughter to be cold."

'Should I give away the scarfs I have at home...' is what she deeply thought.

In YN's office, she watched her father on the couch across her. She can see the hardships he has been, the scars and wrinkles. It pained her. For seven years, he suffered. It makes her cry seeing him happy just from knitting a bunch of strings.

"Can you still paint, father?"

The man's busy hands froze upon YN's question. "..."

"I bought painting materials before hand because I thought you'd miss that the most after getting bailed out. But you're not even batting an eye." YN glances at the untouched newly bought canvases and paint sitting on a corner of her office.

"I'll...think about it." he sadly responses.

"I'd like it if you could teach me how to paint sometime." YN casually says before attending to her computer.

Mr. Kang lifts his head up and turned to his daughter with a surprised look. After all this time, he taught she'd hate him. He was relieved that she cares for him so much.

"YN, Officer Seong Woo is here to see you." Ms. Choi announced to her entering the office.

A short glance to her father she stood up and left.

"What does that mongrel want from her?" He stands up peeks through the blinds to see what was going on down stairs. YN and Seong Woo greet each other politely and they take a table in a corner. "He dares to show up here after closing my case without having a second thought." rage fills up in his fist. Ms. Choi calmed his down by offering drinks.

YN's POV

"How is he doing?"

"He's fine. Do you have news about the lawyer?"

"Yes, he'll see you tomorrow morning to review the case."

It's awkward, really. "Do you want some coffee before you go?" I offer.

He clears his throat and nods, "Yes Thank you." I call one of my staff and ask for drinks. Seong Woo kept adjusting in his seat like he has something more to say.

"The other day I recieved a strange email," he's expression turned solemn.

Oh so he does has something to say.

"Just in case, have you received anything disturbing?" His tone was careful.

"I have received a lot of weird emails but I never paid any mind. Does this concern my father's case?"

He bites his bottom lip and his brows wrinkle. It's like he's on the edge of his seat. "Yes."

"Then what is it?."

"A threat concerning your mother."

My body just shivered from the word.

"What?"

He pulls out his phone from his jacket, swiped on its screen and slides it over to me. "This, its the email I got the exact day you filed a hearing. I've tried tracing it but I met a dead end."

Slowly, aftter taking a breathe, I lifted the phone and read the email.

Tell YN Kang to Give the USB to me or else her Mother and Stepbrother will be punished for her intervention.

I'll give you two days. Try and meet me with cops, you won't get to see them again.