35

"Rina? Are you just going home?"

She froze and blinked before holding her hands together. "Uh yes, I-I didn't mean to scare you."

She really spooked me there. 

"I see, well, take care." I quickly jog back to the car and got in. Felix checks me for any injuries and sighed in relief when he found none.

"What was it?"

"An employee."

"That really scared me, YN."

"Me too, honestly."

We went home, a bit on edge from what happened but I decided to move it aside for now. I have more important things to worry about.

Three days passed and the first hearing was over. So far so good. Dad didn't want to live with me so I got him a house. At first, he didn't like me paying for it but I already gave the money before he could even do anything.

Today was a day off, Felix and I were lying down on the carpet. My head on his stomach and his hand fiddling with my hair.

"What if I became a bird, what would I be?" He asks. So random as he can be.

"Hmm, probably something small and cute. Like a chick? Or a yellow baby duck."

"Why would I be a baby animal? You could say that I'm a cute adult duck instead."

"But you resemble the baby one more than the other and babies are cuter."

"Oh yeah? Would a baby be able to do this?" He suddenly pulls me up on top of him and kisses my lips.

"You were asking what you resembled why are you suddenly complaining? HAHAH!" I lay down beside him, wrapping my arm and leg around him like a koala.

"Sometimes I feel like I'm only cute to you, it's...hurting my pride as a man." He quietly mumbles with a pout.

I wanted to laugh but I didn't want to hurt his feelings.

"You are a man. My man. Do we have to put up a front or take roles on who can be cute or manly? And besides, I'm not here with you just because of your looks."

"That makes me wonder, what do you even see in me?"

"You're the idiot that defended me in high school. The only one. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have been able to fight them. Because of that, I owe you a lot."

"But I did all that because I couldn't stand the bullying. It was just so horrible. And seeing you react like it's nothing pissed me off even more."

"You were too kind to Felix, that sometimes I felt like I didn't deserve it."

He hugs me tighter and kisses my forehead. "You deserve more, YN. I'm glad and happy to have you with me. Even now, like this."

"Me too. I feel safe with you."

"I have a question too, Felix." I look up at him slowly rubbing my finger on his chin, there was a slightly rough texture of his facial hair.

"Yeah? Shoot."

"When I left Australia, what happened to you?"

"Well, a week after you left the school got shut down. Police hoarded the place and the faculty was a mess. Turns out the principal and some of the teachers were stealing the school's budget and committing illegal activities on school grounds."

I listen as I settle in with the scent of his shirt, subtle that it very much calmed my heart. 

"I moved to a different high school and after a few years, I flew here to pursue dancing. That's how I got into Straykids.  Now that I look back, it wasn't easy at all. Every day was a challenge but I had fun."

"I know. I heard a lot about your trainee days from your hyungs. They seemed to have treated you well."

"Definitely. They're the best."

He squeezes me and kisses my nose and cheek.

His eyes were half-lidded, almost hazy. Staring down at me like I'm some baby lamb about to fall asleep.

His hand reaches up to my face, gently caressing my cheek. I place my hand on his cheek, my thumb tracing the freckles it can reach.

The sunset of the afternoon was on ours from the wide glass window of our condo. It was warm and cozy.

Here in his arms, him embracing my body. What else could be wished?

I wish for this moment to happen a million times more.

"From now on, I don't think I can ever let you go YN. I'm afraid I'll be too selfish."

"Don't be, I won't be able to let you go either. I don't see myself tomorrow without you or for the rest of my life."

"You're so lovely." He smiles, such a ray of sunshine that it beats the actual sunshine on us.

I reach up and kiss him. The feeling of our lips makes me tingle and curl my toes. I love him.

The next day, Felix attempted to skip recording but failed miserably. Chan had already predicted his shenanigans and was waiting for him in the lobby downstairs.

Felix wanted to go out and date in the park but we had to do it some other day. I on the other hand decided to work.

Now that I don't have much on my plate, things were just about to be smooth.

Well almost.

"We have a problem, Boss."