04

Around 5 pm, Felix walks me back home. I had no idea that we would be outside for that long since morning.

We first went to the mall, lots of things to see and do there already. We ate tons of food from snacks to lunch.

He's really easy going and fun. He's also quite energetic, playful and he loves to tease.

And for a change, I didn't think about my family and my situation at all. All my worries just disappeared somewhere.

"That was a lot of fun YN. I had a really great time with you."

"I had fun too Felix. Today was...amazing."

He giggles and starts skipping as we walk. He's so funny and cute. I was smiling till we got to my place.

Then, a familiar car drove and park right infront of my house. Mom's car.

We both stand there and watched as my mom got out of the car holding her bag.

"YN, good timing. Can you help me with these bags in the car? Is that your friend? Can you ask him to help too, they're quite a lot."

I look at Felix and he nods understanding my look.
"It's okay, I'll help."

We both go towards mom's car and took the bags out from the back. Felix took two big bags while I took two smaller ones.

Inside, we settled the bags on the island counter in the kitchen.

Why does she have so many groceries? Is this for tomorrow? For her lover?

"Thank you kids. What's your name?" mom asked him.

"Felix Lee Ma'am, nice to meet you."

"He's my classmate, mom."

"That's nice. I'm glad that YN has a reliable friend like you. You can stay for dinner, join us." she smiled at him and Felix sure seems more than happy.

"Can I really?" he asked, more like he asked me since he turned to me.

"I-I don't see why not but, is it okay for your parents?"

"I don't think they'll mind."

"Perfect then! While I make us dinner, you two can hangout in YN's room alright?"

Mom is cooking dinner? Thats...new. Or maybe because Felix is here. Could be. Mom never usually cooks dinner herself. Its not like she's bad at cooking, she actually does the job pretty well. She's just too busy or lazy.

"Okay then, we'll be in my room."

I take Felix to my room. He stands by the door for a while before actually going in.

"Welcome to my room, there's not much to look at. We can watch something while we wait or whatever... I've never had anyone besides myself in my room before." I admit.

Like I even had a friend to invite anyway. I've always been by myself.

The room has a pastel theme to it and the rest of my furniture blends in.

"Then I'm honored to be your first guest!" he grinned and sat down on my bean pillow. I sit down as well on my bed behind him.

"What should we watch?" I ask reaching for the remote on my bedside table.

"Something funny? Or an action movie? What about some anime movies?"

"Let's see." I turn on my tv and bring out Netflix.

As we scrolled on the selections we ended up watching [favorite movie]. Turns out he likes the movie as well. We made a few conversations as the movie rolled.

I feel so different today. I feel so light.

As Felix concentrated on the tv, I kept looking at the back of his head. Randomly wondering if he's hair was soft or sprayed with hair spray.

But once Felix leaves...this strange euphoria is going to leave as well.

Is it crazy of me to wish he doesn't leave?

Yez! That is too crazy! Am I out of my right mind?! How could I-

My thoughts got cut off by Felix's laugh. It grabbed my attention but soon I went back to looking at his hair. They're a little wavy but kind of straight too. His hair must be soft.

Mindlessly, both my hands reach down to his hair. The tips of my fingers touching slightly on his SOFT hair.

Getting braver, I gently run my fingers through his hair like I was combing it. This feels like petting dogs fur without the shedding.

What I didn't know was that he was enjoying it. He sat still and his head kind of leaned back to me more, like he was asking for more. I was enjoying it so much, I started little braids on the long parts of his hair.

"Kids! Dinner's ready!"

I panicked and retracted my arms. My hands finding their way to my ears. Did he liked it? Or was he just putting up with it? Is he uncomfortable now? I can see the braids entangle by themselves.

"Let's go YN, I'm hungry." he stood up with a huff and grinned down at me since I was still sitting down.

"Yeah, okay." I follow behind him out the room. Maybe I'm just thinking too much again.

Dinner wasn't much eventful. Mom just asked him a few basic questions like how old is he, what his parents do, his hobbies and stuff. And Felix sure had a big appetite.

My mom offered to drive him home but he said it was alright, he'll take the bus. I watched him leave as he turned and disappeared around the corner.

I can't wait to see him on Monday. And I can't believe that I want to go to school just because of him.

Going back inside the house, I see mom resting in the living room on the sofa.

"YN sweetie, can you give me a few minutes? I need to tell you something."

What ever she's about to tell me...I'm nervous and scared of it. I honestly don't want to hear any of it. I was just care free and happy a while ago. But now... I want to dig my self a hole and stay there until my life is all better.

What is she going to tell me? Is it really important? Is it about dad? Or is it about how she'll get rid of me like sending me somewhere far?