14

A:N this was so hard to write because I'm not exactly good at making scenes with serious topics or about criminal cases, so hopefully this chapter made sense to you. I tried to make it as simple as I could.

Time Skip

Saturday came and I have an appointment with Officer Ong Seong Woo who is also a detective. I met him because of my father's murder case.

"Ms. Choi, if Jerome Kim ever contacts you, report to me immediately through my work phone. I'll be turning off my personal phone for a day. Also, if there's another client kindly decline them for know." I inform her as we exit the elevator of an art gallery museum. We went here to see an auction on the fifth floor and I ended up not getting the painting I wanted.

"Understood. Will you be meeting with Detective Seong Woo?"

"That's right, he asked to meet. It won't take long though, It's not like we have anymore to discuss." I unbutton my blazer as we got near my car at the parking lot. We get in my car once I've unlocked it. "Ms. Choi, also... could you please attend the meeting for me?"

"Meeting? You mean the Shareholder's at Kang Byeol Shik? But isn't that important?"

"Don't worry, I informed them beforehand. Make sure to write down notes for me and get them to remove me off the list. If they don't remove me tell them that I'll personally confront them next time."

Ms. Choi quietly looked around in a daze, her lips slightly pouted and her eyes confused. "Do you really not want to be part of your grandfather's company?" she carefully asked.

"Getting involved in my grandfather's company means that I've moved on from my father's imprisonment. My grandfather hates his own son but somehow he loves his son's daughter. What kind of joke is that." I sarcastically chuckled.

"That's probably a grandparent thing. My mother's in-law's hate her but they love me and my brother." She shared adjusting her seatbelt.

I drove the car to where my grandpa's company to drop my secretary off then I drive to me and Officer Seong Woo's rendezvous. It as a common coffee shop near the park and lots of aesthetic clothing shops.

As I drove there, I texted him real quick that I was on my way and he replied that he was already there. I park just outside of the shop and walked in to find him seating at the very back of place.

"Officer Ong Seong Woo." I bow my head arriving at the table.

"Ms. Kang YN, thank you for coming to meet me." He stood and bowed back. "Please, take a seat. I ordered two Americanos if that's alright."

"Sure, I don't mind."

Seong Woo is a tall guy with not much of a muscular built. His choice of clothing is quite pleasing though despite his intimidating facial appearance. The coffee he ordered got served and I take a small sip first.

"So, you said it's about my father's case. Why are you opening it up now? Could it be that... you found a lead?" I asked. The shop was almost empty so it was safe to talk about something like a murder case but its better to be a little more quiet.

"To be honest...the case was never officially closed." He says then pulls out a folder from his bag and slides it on the table towards me. "Your mother was the one who said to close it so that she wouldn't have to be bothered."

I knew that back then that my father's hearing was strangely short but I couldn't do anything then cause I was just a kid. My mother took care of anything which was what she said.

"I thought that you closed it yourself saying that there was no such thing as a frame up." My eyes narrowed at him.

"That was what I thought as well, but a year ago we've recovered a history call log between Ma Dong Seok, Kim Taepyung and your father." He motioned his hand at the folder telling me to take a look at it. I opened it and found the call history, my father's number showed up at least 6 to 8 times.

"You wouldn't think that an independent painter would have interactions with a weapons and arms dealer and a CEO of a mobile company. We looked into it more and followed these two for a while. Then two months ago, we caught a video of them together at an underground parking at Kim Taepyung Building." he says as I study the papers and the pictures in the folder. "They didn't talk for long, Kim Taepyung only handed over a cigarette box to one of Ma Dong Seok's men then they both drove away."

"So what is it that you really wanted to say?" I place the folder back on the table.

"I believe that your father has something that these people want." He said in a lower voice and leaned in. "But we don't know what that is exactly. So we want you to look into your father's belongings, ask his father or ask his wife about anything he could've possessed that was so valuable to him."

If there is something that my father has that is being wanted by these criminals...what could that even be? What does my father have that's so valuable that even until know he's still being chased? I hope that Jerome Kim has some news about this in the week I gave him.

"Getting to make my family talk is something quite...difficult base from what happened to my father but I will try." Just the thought of talking to my mom is making me roll my eyes. "Oh and also, Officer Ong, you look a bit stressed today. Try to take it easy, yeah?"

It would be a bother if the police found out about Jerome Kim investigating the case secretly. It's pretty illegal for me to do matters with my own hands when the case is with the police.

He laughs, appreciating my concern. "I...actually am quite occupied. There's been a continuous number of kidnapping cases these days."

I nodded and hummed, "That is a hassle."

Just then his phone rang for a call. "Excuse me, I have to take this."

"No problem." I sip on my coffee as he answered the call.

"Alright, I'll be there." He ended the call and faced me. "Unfortunately, I have to head back tot he department now. If you get anything we can use for the case, you can contact me anytime."

"Same goes for you, Officer." I smile and he nods his head and left the table, hurried out to his motorcycle park just outside the café.

Now let's organize what we know now.

First, my father is out of jail and his location is still being looked into. Second, we know that Ma Dong Seok received a cigarette pack from Kim Taepyung which is suspicious. And third, my mom didn't really do much to fight for my dad's innocence. What a day.