09

Felix POV

"Felix!" Chan called and ran up to me as I enter the door. "Where did you run off to earlier? We we're worried."

I smile knowing how worried they were, the rest of the group was behind Chan with the same worried faces.
"I'm sorry guys, I just needed to see someone important."

"Well, at least you came back just in time for dinner." Changbin said patting me on the shoulder.

"And did you get to meet them?" Seungmin asked. I glance at my feet with a disappointed look.

"Seems like you didn't." Chan answered for me wrapping his arm over my shoulders.

"Yeah, but soon. I'll get to meet them." I say 'them' because if I tell them I'm meeting a girl they'll tease me to death.

"Let's eat dinner!!" Jisung yelled out of no where. Maybe not out of nowhere since he's usually the loudest among us.

"Oh right, tomorrow we have a shooting for XXX. Its a painting cafe here in Seoul." Chan informed us. "Make sure you guys get enough sleep to wake up early."

A painting cafe? Sounds kinda fun to me but I've never been to one.

After dinner, I take a quick shower and rest on my bed. Not feeling sleepy yet, I pull up my laptop and start watching my favorite anime shows. A few of the shows I've watched more than twice already but they never get old.

Hours passed by, and I know I should be sleeping but I by the time I told myself to sleep my mind made me think of YN's Aunt.

We had a short conversation is all.

Flashback

I got to the restaurant those two ladies earlier told me about. The owner of the restaurant is YN's Aunt Ms. Ji A.

The place was almost full and customers came and go. The food must be delicious, I can smell it. But now's not the time to crave food.

I walk over to the counter to meet a woman in her red apron. "Excuse me, are you Ms. Ji A?"

She looks at me from behind the counter.
"Yes, what can I do for you?"

"I came by your apartment building earlier-"

"Oh sorry young man, all of the floors are taken now." she said.

"Ah no, I'm not looking for a room. You are YN Kang's Aunt, right?"
Her eyes grow wider, like she couldn't believe what I was saying.
"My name is Lee Felix, I was YN's classmate for a short time in Australia six years ago."

"She never mentioned she had a friend as handsome as you."

"Ahh thank you. Would it be okay to leave my number in case she comes by? Please mention me to her, I've been wanting to see her for a long time now."

"Of course! Here write it down." she hands me a piece of clean paper and a pen. As I wrote my number a picture frame caught my eye. "Umm, is that YN?" I ask her. She glances at the picture frame and grins.

"Oh yes, that is her. She once visited me here when she was younger, such a sweet and patient girl." her eyes turn sad as she smiled.

I suddenly got reminded of YN's expression that day when she said goodbye by the bus stop. She had the same sad smile on her face.

"You said you were her classmate six years ago?"

"Yes Ma'am."

"How was she then? Was she okay?" seeing Ms. Ji A's worried expression, she must know about the things YN has been through back then.

"Well, I wasn't her classmate for that long. She left to come here after we met for a week.  All I can say is that...she managed. For a short period of time, I've come to realize how much she suffered."

"She was just a child. She didn't deserve to suffer because of her parents." Ms. Ji A swiped her finger gently on the picture with teary eyes.

"Excuse me! Two more servings of rice please?" a customer called.

"Coming right up! Sorry Felix, I need to get back to work. You can come back again."

"Yes, thank you for your time Ms. Ji A. It's a pleasure to meet you." she takes the paper where I wrote my number.

"I'll tell her to give you a call once she comes by  here."

With that I said good bye and let her attend to her customers. I get outside and walk to the nearest bus stop.

"She'll call me...she'll call me..." I sighed and touch my neck. My heart is beating so fast, I'm so nervous. If she does call me, what do I even say beside Hi and Its been a long time?

...........

"Time to wake up boys!"

I groan and roll on my bed. Can't believe I stayed awake til 2 am.

"Felix, come on. I told you to sleep early didn't I?" Chan said taking my blanket off me.

"Ahh! No! It's cold!" with my eyes still shut I reach my hand for my blanket but Chan has already folded it for me.

"Come on Lix. They said our breakfast will be at the painting cafe, and its free! There's nothing better than free food."

"Okay, I'm up." I get out of bed and straight to the bathroom.

...

Employees from the cafe let us in and helped us settle with all the equipment.

"Okay boys, you'll be meeting the owner of the cafe after a few minutes. She'll be helping us around and later on. Surprisingly, she's around your age." our manager laughed amazed by what he said.

Around our age? Then the owner must be successful. We're gathered inside the shop around a long table. The place itself was really photogenic. Lots of different kinds of paintings. Kinda reminds me of the painting YN gave me back then. Of course I still have that, I got it hanged up in my room.

"Good morning everyone." a woman in office clothes came in with her high heels. She holds a clipboard, a pen and her phone. We bow and greet her.
"I'm Choi Soyeon, I manage the shop when  Ms. Kang, the owner, isn't around. She'll be with us in a few minutes. Also, these are for all of you." after introducing herself, she calls someone from outside and delivery men came in with bags.

The free food! Me and the guys turn excited we're trying our best to hold in our energy.

"Ms. Kang also offered to take care of your lunch and dinner."

"Thank you very much!"

Just then a shorter woman appeared at the door holding her phone, wearing black boots, fit jeans and a white blouse. She has her hair to a low ponytail and her earings hanging delicately on her ears.

"Ms. Choi, could you please come here for a minute?" when I heard her voice...

I lost it. It's her.

It's YN! Right just by the glass door.