Chapter 2 - His tie

As hard as I tried, I couldn't really get Professor Cullen out of my mind for the whole weekend. Whether I wanted or not, he was constantly there. And if not, then it was the thought that I should stop thinking about him. Luckily I was quite busy so that I had something else to concentrate on. Otherwise, he would have been around 24/7. My first class of English Literature was going to be on Monday and the Professor gave us the task to write a short essay about a poem that we liked explaining our thoughts and emotions. This way he would be able to know the level of the class.

I liked the task as I liked to work with literature, especially poetry. 

The time flew by and it was Monday. I didn't know what I should expect about the new professor, I didn't even know his name. I just hoped that he wouldn't elaborate on every essay because I, myself, was quite uncomfortable whenever it came to my thoughts about poetry. It was just something personal to me.

Reading it out loud, felt like I would tell people something out of my diary. As if I would right down every little secret or personal and embarrassing story of my life, only to then reveal it to the world. 

When I reached the door, it was still closed, I was the first person to arrive. I leaned against the door with my back and tried not to fall asleep. It was 8 am and I had only 5 hours of sleep and no coffee. 

I had never been a person that could only sleep five hours and attacked the next day with lots of energy. I needed my sleep. Or at least, a coffee to keep me sane. But now that I didn't have neither, I had to compel myself to focus on keeping at least my eyes open. Because my mind was constantly trying to fly itself to Hawaii to rest on the beach, a red cocktail in reach. Or was it a coffee? I didn't know. 

Suddenly the door opened from inside so that I practically fell back into the room. I prayed that I wouldn't hit the ground too hard, when I felt strong arms around my waist, catching me before I would have basically crashed onto the ground. Everything happened so fast, I could hardly react.
I was being pulled back up and pressed into a hard chest. I gasped at the sudden contact and the person behind me let go immediately. Now I was definitely awake. My eyes were wide open, my mind had tossed the drink away, annoyed and, reluctantly, decided to come back to me. 

"Are you alright?", I heard a familiar dark voice next to my ear. A shiver ran down my spine as I felt myself searching for the fitting memory. 

I slowly turned around, just to look into those beautiful blue eyes again. The ocean. Maybe I was still on Hawaii and I simply went delusional at this point? 
"Professor Cullen?", I asked to make sure this was real. "Eh thank you...I.. I'm fine. Sorry..I was leaning on the door when.."

"No problem Miss White, no one got hurt, right?", he said with a recognizing smirk. 

He remembered my name. 

I felt that I started to blush but then I saw that his tie had loosend. It was the only visible flaw that he had. Everything else looked so perfect, it hurt my eyes to keep it as it was. Without thinking I reached for it and straightened it. I felt his muscles twich under my touch, his eyes staring intently at me with an unreadable look.

It felt unreal to be honest. Like I had just put my hand on the book that contained all of the world's secrets, opening the first page, but understanding nothing as it was written in a foreign language. A language I wanted to understand. 

Just as I finished I heard other students coming who wanted to enter the room, so I quickly searched for a seat in the middle rows and, without looking at him, I sat down. I took a deep breath in and out. "What was that?", I thought to myself. "How could you touch him!? But on the other hand he didn't stop me.. Oh god, I hoped we could just both forget that anything like that happened.. it's not like he would have wanted me, a student, to touch him anyway, so.."

During the whole lecture I tried to avoid looking at him, even though I sometimes felt his gaze on me. It made my body tense up, my skin tingling. The salt of his ocean eyes burned in my skin, making it hard to concentrate.

He introduced himself to the class, gave some introductory information and collected the essays. When the lecture was finally over, I sighed in relief and quickly packed up my stuff before I was the first to leave the room.

It felt strange, walking away from him. Or should I say 'running away from him'? I didn't know why I felt the panic now when I didn't felt it as I had first met him. It seemed as if, my instincts came back to life, screaming at me to run, as fast as I could. However, I could not explain it to myself why I needed to. It felt right but at the same time, strangely wrong. 

But still while walking out, I felt his burning gaze in my neck watching me. Luckily, I would have to see him only once a week in class and hopefully, he would have forgotten about me by then. I was one of thousands of students, no way he would remember me and my strange behavior towards him.

At least that's what I've thought. 

------------------------------------------------Alright guys, chapter 2 is finished

Alright guys, chapter 2 is finished. I hope you like it so far, any feedback would be great :)

- Ann