Chapter 3 - No coffee?

Well, my plan about not seeing Professor Cullen for a week seemed to fail. And it was still Monday.

I was standing in front of the cheap coffee machine of my university, desperately in need of some caffeine. But nothing happened. I stared at the machine and hoped that my angry face could somehow bring the machine back to life. 

But no. Nothing happened. The screen remained black, the machine making some weird noises but no coffee. I was close to having a mental breakdown. 

"Are you serious?! Five hours of sleep and this is what I get from you? Nothing. You won't even give me one of those fucking expensive coffees that taste more like water than anything else?!", I yelled to the coffee machine and hit it with my fist.

"I'm sorry to hear that Miss White, maybe I can help with that.", stated a male voice behind me, almost making me jump.

At this point I didn't even have to turn around to know exactly who was standing once more behind me. I felt his authoritarian presence and a shiver started running down my spine while my face turned slightly pink. Turning around to face him, my eyes landed on his body and I was now more aware of what he was wearing: black trousers and shoes combined with a dark blue shirt that looked just damned sexy. His tie was missing. 

It made him look a little bit younger, more casual, more...normal. If he could have ever looked normal. It almost sounded like an insult to call him normal. Because he wasn't. He was impeccable. I bet he didn't need much to look like this. Just wake him up and put him in a suit. He didn't need more to catch everyone's eye, no matter if it was for attracting people or impressing them. He was just born incredibly handsome. There was no other possible explanation. It was hard to concentrate. I didn't even know if the missing tie made it better or worse. 

He seemed to notice my stare and said lowly:"No lecture, no tie Miss White. Besides, it often loosens rather quickly..". He gave me a small smile. 

I nodded slowly and tried to think about something else than his tie. "What did he say about the coffee again?", I thought, desperately trying to act normal. Because compared to him I was. I was normal. Decent. It was surreal that he even talked to me outside of his lecture. He had no reason to do so. He seemed like a busy man, working hard. I tried the same but still, I felt like I didn't fit into the picture. However, he had grabbed my attention with one word. Coffee.  
And as if he could read my thoughts again he continued:

"I didn't want to interrupt, but if you want a real coffee, I know a nice cafe nearby. I was just about to go on my own but if you'd like, you are very much welcome to give me company Miss White".

I tried to remain calm from the outside. But inside, my mouth was open in disbelieve while my heart seemed to take a ride on a roller coaster. I definitely needed more sleep. Or a coffee.. 

Still I hesitated: "Should I go with him? Uhh..but I really want that coffee, and maybe I would get to know him better..", I thought, wanting to use my opportunity.

"Alright, I'll come with you Professor", I replied, surprised that he even asked. 

I didn't know if it's just my imagination or my tired brain but I could have sworn that as I said yes, his eyes started to glow and fill me with a warm, bright feeling. It felt like the first rays of sunshine of spring. I could have experienced it for hours. 

"Wonderful! So let's waste no time and get you a coffee then, Miss White", he said enthusiastically and started walking to the exit. 

I just stared at him, his tall stature and the way he moved. Elegant, yet powerful. His scent was still in the air, tingling in my nose. I could see his back muscles through his shirt and had to swallow as my eyes focused on the way they moved with every step he took. When he noticed that I didn't follow he looked back at me:"Are you coming?"

I couldn't have resisted even if I would have wanted to. There was no way he would not be able to make me come. To him. For him. It didn't matter. 

"Yeah, I'm coming", I mumbled and slowly made my way towards him. I tried not to look into his eyes as they had something slightly intimidating. As if he could read me like an open book while he remained a big secret. When I reached him his left hand touched my back softly when he slowly led me out of the door that he kept open for me with his other hand. 

And again, I didn't know why I was so sensitive to his touch, or his whole being in general. I never felt something like that. However, I was not keen on stopping it. But still, I really tried to behave normal and calm as we walked in silence to the small cafe, nervous of what was about to happen. 

---------------------------------Here it is: Chapter 3 !What do you think so far? Do you like it?

Here it is: Chapter 3 !
What do you think so far? Do you like it?

Please comment and leave feedback, it always makes me happy !

- Ann