Chapter 12 - Date?

"Hey Liz! What's up?", my best friend and flatmate Julie asked me as I came home. 

"Hey, not much. I have some things to do for uni", I answered.

She sighed. "You know what, you need to start dating again. I know some guys that would be soo interested. What do you think? We could go to partys and stuff together?!", she said and got really excited. 

"I'm not in the mood for dating Julie..", I replied, still thinking about Professor Cullen.

"Liz, you never are! But what are you thinking about anyway? You seem to be somewhere entirely else for the past week", she continued.

I took a deep breath. Should I tell her? Uh gosh, that was a little bit embarrassing..

"I may have a small crush on someone..but it doesn't matter because he is.. it's not.. it's complicated", I mumbled. 

"What?! Liz! Oh my god, tell my everything!", she almost screamed at me.

"There is nothing to tell, well not really", I answered slowly.

"But what is the problem? Is he taken? Married? Kids? Too old? Too-", she asked.

"Julie, stop! I'll tell you but please don't freak out so much...So..Well, he kind of happens to be..my..eh...professor?", I shyly admitted.

"Whow what? Your Professor?! How's his name? Does he look hot? Have you two done something-", she shouted in excitment and almost fell of her chair.

"Julie! It's not funny. This is no romantic comedy, okay? And no, we haven't done anything of what you think about!", I interjected quickly before she would loose it. 

"Not yet", she replied and laughed when she saw that I blushed and wanted to stand up and walk away.
"Hey, Liz, I'm sorry okay? I am trying to be serious now. Of course, it's not the ideal thing that could have happened but, me being a hopeless romantic, I would say 'why not'? I mean if he could be the one then go for it girl", she answered.

"You know that it's not that easy Julie. And I don't know if he even feels the same. Uhh, he's just constantly on my mind", I said and sighed.

Julie nodded understanding. "But how about that, you go out with one of the boys I know. You could use this as a chance to clear your head and meet some other boy. And if you still can't forget him than I'll stop annoying you with the dating stuff and help you get your prince? But you have to give him a chance", she offered.

I thought about it. "That's actually a good idea, I think. But please choose someone that fits, okay?", I replied.

"I try my best, Liz. But it's set now! Sooo, now tell my about him, he is hot, isn't he?", she said.

"Julie! I won't answer anymore questions about him", I stood up.

"So he really is hot! Damn, why are none of my professors good looking", she stated while I left the room and shook my head laughing. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

"You can't be serious? Marco Gregson?! I know him, he's in my classes. There's nobody else?", I asked Julie upset. We we were in one of the hallways of the university and she had just told me that I would have a date this evening with Marco Gregson! Don't get me wrong, he seemed like a nice guy, BUT, he was definitely not mine. I could've gone out with him if I wanted to and I did not.

"Didn't you say that you would give him a chance, huh?", Julie countered and I sighed annoyed. 

"Fine. One date and that's it", I said, grabbed my books and walked to my next class which, surprise, happened to be the one of Professor Cullen.