Chapter 7 - You'd never interrupt

I was nervous. No, that would be an understatement. I was practically trying not getting a panic attack. Every step, every movement that I made felt heavy. My body was rigid. Every single muscles was tense. It almost hurt. 

But why the hell was I this nervous? Because of Professor Cullen? I mean, yes, he sometimes intimidated me with his entire being...He always seemed so sure of himself. And there was a certain feeling of power around him, that made me feel self-conscious. I felt like a shy deer, hiding in the forest. However, I didn't want to feel like this. I wanted to be the hunter, the one in control. Maybe it was because I couldn't estimate what his thoughts were? His eyes were as blue as the ocean and also as deep. Unreadable. But he had been nothing but kind to me... Still, I had to admit it: He made me nervous. 

On the one hand, I just wanted to cancel our meeting and never see him again. On the other hand tho, some undescribable force seemed to pull me towards him. I wanted to know him and spend more time with him...uh, fuck.

I really tried to calm down and started searching for something to wear in order to distract myself. And with that the next problem occured. What should I wear?!

I wanted to look good but also not overdressed. I mean we were going to be in the library not in a fancy restaurant, so...

In the end, I chose a basic overall in dark blue but decided to choose nude high heels to make it a bit more elegant. I opened my bun so that my curly hair fell over my shoulders and applied some light makeup. 

With one last look in the mirror I made my way to my car only to realise that Julie took it to head to some club. I sighed annoyed but quickly made my way to the train station as I wouldn't want to be late. The drive felt like torture. With every meter that I came closer to my destination, I felt more sick. Only the last two minutes or so was I able to get lost in my thoughts and actually forgot where I was going. 

However, as I arrived at the library my nervousness increased again. I slowly made my way through a small hallway to see if I would find Professor Cullen in one of the study rooms. They were quite convenient as study rooms or for small discussions. They were seperate corners that included a table and two benches. Passing different shelves filled with books from multiple centuries and passing some other students who were still stuck in the library studying, I made my way along the hall until I almost reach the end. 

But then, I finally found Professor Cullen sitting in one of the last more private rooms. The moment I saw him, my nervousness slowly started to fade. It's absolutely stunning how a single person can make you either feel deeply intimidated or totally calm. I didn't know what had changed but once my eyes caught sight of him, being in his element, I started to feel more comfortable. He hadn't noticed me yet so I took him in.

He looked so innocent reading his book, almost peaceful. I stopped in the frame, leaned against it and crossed my arms before my chest while admiring his face. His brows were pulled together in a concentrated manner. His jaw was defined, leading up to his musculine body. 

I saw his muscles under his tight shirt. It was the same colour as my overall: dark blue. His trousers were, again, black. He looked so sexy in dark clothing, it really was not fair! 

On top of that, his scent took over the whole room but was now mixed with the smell of old books. This combination was deadly, incredibly intoxicating. But I wanted nothing more than to be wrapped in it.   

I couldn't take my eyes from him until I heard a low chuckle:

"Won't you come in?", he asked me, his blue eyes lingering on me with his usual indescribable look. His voice was low, almost intimate. Its vibration shook the air in a certain way, I almost felt it in my chest. 

"Eh..yeah of course, sorry, I did not want to interrupt you reading..", I answered him. 

"You'd never interrupt me", he responded without any doubt in his voice. 

It was the way he said it. As if it would be a matter of fact. I would never be an interruption for him. The thought pleased something inside of me while, at the same time, it made me squirm uneasily. Why did he have to say something like this? It's already hard enough to resist him. He didn't have to give compliments, in fact, he didn't have to say anything. His mere presence was enough to make me forget about morals and question the reason some rules existed.

Unable to say anything else I walked towards him, my knees weak, as well as my self control.
I took the seat across from him and smiled shyly at him:

"So..where do we start, Professor?"

---------------------------------Chapter 7! I know it's rather short but I thought that otherwise it would be to long in the end

Chapter 7! I know it's rather short but I thought that otherwise it would be to long in the end. So a little bit of tension here :)

Please leave some feedback in the comments, it would fill my soul with joy!

- Ann