Chapter 18 - Senseless

Ignoring Alex seemed to work. Although it was hard, he responded.

He tried to call me, several times, but I didn't pick up. I tried to avoid his glances when I would meet him in the hallways and when, one week later, at the end of the lecture he started to say "Miss White, could you sta-", I pretended I didn't heard him and quickly made my way out of class.

It hurt, but I was also not ready to talk to him.

------------------------------------------------

Now our kiss was two weeks ago. I walked into the large lecture room and chose a seat in the back rows. Trying to clear my head, I started to write on a poem but quickly wanted to strick it through when I realised that I was writing about him. Why was I unable to get him out of my freaking mind?! 
I wanted to crumble up the paper when I suddenly almost jumped at the slamming of the door. 

Professor Cullen made his way to his desk on which he almost violently threw his belongings and our papers. 
Apparently, he wasn't in a good mood either...

Throughout the lecture, his tone stayed rather harsh. He snapped at someone for not looking  interested, criticised peoples' answers and gave us the almost undoable task of writing a short poem in fifteen minutes! Probably so that he could immediately correct them and put us down yet again. But that was just a guess.. 

Everyone groaned and Stacey Morrison seemed to have enough because she rolled her eyes and clearly annoyed stated without patting an eye:

"Professor, do you know that the reason for being in a bad mood often is a lack of sex?"

I had to blink and looked at her, totally in shock. Had she really just said that?! The whole room was quiet, everyone was looking back and forth between Stacey and Professor Cullen.

Without showing any visible reaction he looked at her and for a quick moment I locked eyes with him before he turned around and said with a dark voice:

"Out!"

Quickly, Stacey made her way out of the door while I tried to control my breathing. Everyone was still quite shocked.

"You better continue working! Time's running out and whoever hands in some shit will have to write a ten page long essay", he shouted at us and started to hand back our homework. 

I tried to concentrate but failed miserably. When he quietly placed my homework on my table I saw a small note attached to it:

"We need to talk."

That was it. Nothing else. No apology, nothing. He probably wanted to tell me that I couldn't tell anybody what had happened. Angrily, I took the note and threw it into the nearest dustbin. 

And because I was so lucky, he noticed it while going through the rows. He stopped behind me and also saw that my paperwas still empty.

"One minute left. Miss White, you should be working! That's quite miserable, I expected more.", he said loudly so that everyone could hear it. 

I gritted my teeth and turned to look at him. It was obvious that he was being mean to me as a reaction to me ignoring him. Still, that was not fair. Without thinking I grabbed the small poem that I wrote at the beginning of the class and handed it to him with an angry face:

"Here you go, sir." 

Surprised, he took it and walked through the other rows to collect the other poem's as well. Only then did I realise, what I had just done. Fuck! I gave him the poem where I wrote about my feelings for him, shit!!

"You can take a short break while I read through your poems. I don't expect a masterpiece in such a short period of time, but I expect at least some message or any deeper meaning. Now, be quiet.", he told us.