Chapter 53 - She is mine

As I was strolling through the halls of the university the next day, it felt totally surreal. 

The extraordinary floor tiles, that I had walked on almost everyday. The different paintings in old dusty frames, that I had passed and the arches, inspired by the baroque period, that I had gotten used to.  

Everything would end. Today. 

In no more than two hours a chapter, which I was in for three years now, would soon be closed. 

I knew each path, each room and each corner of this building by heart. But none of the paths led back to who I used to be. 

The time here had deeply influenced and enriched me, sharpened my understanding of life and love and how we could find the answers to some unspoken questions in the literature written about it. It lit the passion inside of me to strive for more. Making this my profession became a dream over the years and now, I had finally arrived at the treshold, ready to step into the next adventure. 

As I made my way up the stairs and into the room in which I would have my very last lecture, I smiled, feeling a mix of nervousness and anticipation. 

I was ready. 

I was jittery, my foot tapping on the floor. God, I wished I could have gone to Mr Collins right then and get it all over with. But with a glance at the big clock on the wall, both hands pointing at the twelve, I kew that I had to wait another hour and a half. 

The noise of the door being shut, pulled me out of my thoughts, my eyes immediately shifting towards it, following him as he made his way over to his desk. 

His elegant, yet powerful strides and the way he effortlessly set his bag and a hand full of books down, had something indescribably erotic. And looking at him as he took off his coat, revealing his white shirt, whose sleeves he quickly rolled up, made me want to sigh out loud. Instead, I bit my lip, keeping the sound from slipping out. 

As he lifted his gaze to look around the students, his eyes lingered a second longer on me than necessary, taking me in without raising any suspicion. Yet, I could see how his eyes shined a little brighter, how he pulled his brows in just slightly as his eyes noticed the teeth on my lower lip and how he swallowed before he averted his gaze. 

He started the lecture and I tried to keep my feelings under control to make it easier for the both of us. I tried to be as present as possible, wanting to be able to recall moments like these forever. If I could, I would have lock this atmosphere in a jar, opening it whenever I would want to experience it again. He as my professor. He, who became so much more to me than I ever thought would be possible. And yet, here we were and I was eager to absorb every little last sensation. 

Still, I couldn't help but drift up a couple of times. In my thoughts I found myself in Mr Collins office, going through different scenarios. If I would say this, then how might he react? No, that's not good..Maybe this would be better... It was an endless circle and at the end of the lecture I was none the wiser. 

After the lecture, some students walked up to Alex and as his eyes met mine, I gestured him that I would wait outside. 
Walking out of the room, I leaned against the wall next to the door with a small sigh, my nervousness increasing by the minute.

As I felt someone tapping on my shoulder, I spun around with a small smile on my face. However, as I saw who it was, the smile on my face froze before it fell off my face completely. 

Marco. 

"Waiting for me, honey?", he winked at me, his eyes twinkling with satisfaction as he sensed my discomfort.