Chapter 14 - Come with me.

"Hey Liz. Please don't get mad but can you sleep somewhere else tonight?"
-------------------------------------------------

I needed a moment to process what Julie had just said:"Wait, what? Why?"

There was silence for a moment and I heard a giggle:"Well, I have someone over."

"Good for you, now what does this have to do with me?", I asked confused.

She laughed again:"It's a man, Liz. And we just want to spend the evening together and maybe also the night...of course you can come over but I warn you that we'll be l-"

Quickly I interrupted her: "Okay! You don't have to explain it in any more detail. I got it. But do you know what time it is? How should I find a place to stay tonight? You really could have planned this better".

"I'm so sorry Liz but you don't plan things like these. Do you have a plan for your first kiss with Professor Hottie? And why don't you just stay at Marco's place?", she replied and, I swear, if she would have been in the same room as me I would have been tempted to hit her. 

Instead I hit the door hard enough to make Professor Cullen look up from his work.

"No, I have not! And don't call him that", I hissed into my phone and gave Professor Cullen an apologetic look before I continued: "Also, what did you not understand about my relationship to Marco? I. Am. Not. Interested. In. Him. Let alone, do I want to spend the night with him!"

"Okay, okay. I figure you aren't with him anymore, so where are you?", she asked.

"Where I am?", I repeated the question and my eyes locked with Professor Cullen's. "I'm at the library".

"With your secret lover?", Julie asked laughing.

"Oh shut up. That doesn't help me right now!", I replied harshly but felt that I started to blush.

"Then just enjoy your time with him. I have to go now, I wish you luck. Do everything that I would do too", she giggled and before I could even reply she hung up. 

I just stood there with my mouth open. I couldn't believe it. Angrily, I took my phone and sat down again. 

"What is wrong?", Professor Cullen asked clearly confused.

"Julie, my best friend, has kicked me out of our apartment for the night because she wants to have some fun", I stated still furious. 

"Oh, I see..and you have no place to go?", he guessed. 

"Yes. I'm sorry but I think we should continue our meeting another evening. Now, I'll better find a place to stay before everything closes", I sighed and stood up when he nodded. It was already late anyway.

He grabbed his stuff and we walked towards the elevator. Again, I was relieved when we arrived and the doors open. It was already dark outside and we walked towards the parking lot in silence. 

Shortly before we reached it, I stopped, ready to say goodbye. He turned to me and frowned. 

"You're not here with a car?", he asked.

"Eh, no. Marco picked me up and then I walked to the uni. But it's no problem. I just check if a motel or something has a room for the night", I replied quickly. 

He didn't respond anything and just looked at me. So I turned around towards the exit and wanted to leave with a quiet "good night" in his direction when his low voice made me freeze in my spot.

"Come with me."

He was still standing behind me. I slowly turned around to look into his eyes that held a conflicted but also determined look.

"What?", I asked, still in shock.

He cleared his throat before he answered: "Stay with me for the night."

I tried to ignore the goose bumps that were all over my body and smiled at him thankfully: "That's really nice of you. But it really is no problem. I'll find a small motel and-"

But he interrupted me:"A motel? I doubt it. It's almost eleven pm. I don't care if you're my student. I surely won't let a woman walk alone through the city at this time, especially not in such a dress."

His tone and dark eyes showed that he wouldn't take no for an answer. And if I was being honest to myself, I wanted to come with him. But I still couldn't give in to him so easily. Something of myself, probably my pride, tried to resist him to show him that I could do this on my own.

So I shook my head and said:"That's really not necessary. Thank you", before I turn around and attempt to leave. 

But again I was being prevented from him, specifically by his hand that held onto my arm.

"I won't argue on this, Miss White. It's the middle of the night. You are either following me now to my car or I'll carry you", he said harshly.

I looked at him surprised but also a bit angry: "You wouldn't". 

He just shrugged but maintained his intense look.
I glared at him and tried to run away but because I was wearing heels, he quickly caught up with me and grabbed my waist. 

As a result I half screamed:"Okay, fine, I'll walk!" but he just threw me over his shoulder as if I would weigh nothing and made his way over to his car chuckling:

"Too late, Miss White."

---------------------------------------------

Chapter 14 is ready! :) 
What do you think? Please let me know

- Ann