Chapter 30 - You've found her?

"And? How's Kyle? Was Alex's choice good?", I asked Julie excited and had to grin when I saw how she started blushing.

"Well, he...is..nice. God, Liz he is so nice! And hot. I don't know about him but I would really like to see him again", she said with bright eyes.

"Thank you so much for asking him. Talking about Alex, how's your cute professor doing?", she added and I looked around until I spotted him and almost dropped my glass. 

"Oh, looks like he's having the parents talk", Julie spoke out my thoughts and I felt a certain panic arising.

"Okay, I think I have to join them and support him. Oh, and why don't you ask Kyle if he wants to have dinner or something like that after the party?", I quickly suggested and stood up.

"Is your professor staying over at our apartment tonight? Because then I could use this as the perfect excuse to get to know him more!", Julie asked pleading.

"Eh sure, I guess. We havent talked about it yet. But okay, good luck with Kyle!", I uttered before I walked in the direction of my boyfriend.

He was casually talking to my parents and right before I appeared behind him, they laughed about something.

"Wow, you seem to get along pretty well", I stated smiling and grabbed Alex's hand that was already searching for mine to interwine our fingers.

My mom gave me a warm smile:"How could I not like this man. I'm really relieved concerning my children's partner choices. I can tell you the exact same as I've already told your brother when he introduced me to Elle, marry him and never let him go. He's perfect for you, sweetheart."

My dad nodded agreeingly and I gave Alex a suspicious glance. What did he tell them that they were this excited? I mean, I knew that he was a great man, but..

"And you don't mind... the professor thing?", I asked worried just to make sure.

"Oh no, sweetie! That's just a little formality. Compared to real love, it's so not important. If I would have had such a man as a professor when I was young, I would have broken more rules than you two have by now", she confessed laughing.

I blushed at my mother's words and held onto Alex's arm:"Okay, well thank you. I guess I should take Alex with me now, before my own mother becomes a dangerous threat. So, bye mom and dad. See you soon."

"Ahaha, goodbye you two. And Alex, we hope to see you at the next family meeting, yeah?", my dad asked and Alex nodded immediately.

"I'd be pleased to come, Mr and Mrs White", Alex answered before I pulled him with me on the dance floor.

"Okay, what did you do to wrap them around your finger, Professor Cullen?", I started my interrogation while placing my hands on his shoulders. 

He started swaying us back and forth and smirked at me:

"I don't know. I guess I simply tried to show them how important this is for me. And even though I originally meant it as a joke to feel more confident, they actually want me to marry you.."

"Yeah, I heard that...", I replied chuckling and got lost in his eyes. 

"And what do you think about it?", he whispered slowly so I almost didn't understand it. 

Mhm...

"I think Liz Cullen doesn't sound too bad", I murmured, honestly considering it for a moment and the corners of his mouth lifted.  

"No, it doesn't. Quite the contrary", he returned lowly and spun me around once.

 "But...",I started and he gave me his full attention "it's impossible since I'm currently a student of yours and, and this is the important part, I haven't been asked. And this isn't an invitation to do so, but rather a state of fact. The timing's simply not right..."