Chapter 15 - His place

"That was not funny!", I spat at Professor Cullen who currently drove us to his place, a smirk dancing on his lips. 

"Of course not.", he answered, his smile still never leaving his face. 

I just sighed annoyed, crossed my arms over my chest and looked out of the window. I bit my lip as I had to suppress a smile as well when I tried to picture the scene of me barely being able to run in my heels and how he had just casually carried me to his car, ignoring my loud protest. 

Eventually the silence was being interrupted by my phone ringing. It was Julie. 

"Oh hi, are you calling to check if I didn't end up sleeping under a bridge?", I began still angry.

"Actually yes. I was feeling really bad for leaving you on your own. Where are you?", she answered apologetically. 

"It's alright. I'm with someone", I stated softer now and looked over to Professor Cullen. 

"Really? Who?", she asked confused.

I wanted to tell her but I knew that if I would have done it now, she would have freaked out and wouldn't stop asking question after question.

So I just stuttered:"Eh, well. I'm with...eh".

But then I was being interrupted by the person next to me:

"Alexander".

Relieved I nodded:"I'm with Alexander".

"Who's Alexander", Julie asked immediately.

"Uhm, you don't know him he-", I tried to explain when she interrupted me with a scream.

"Oh. My. God. Is it him? Are you at his place?!"

For a moment I stayed silent before I answered:"Mhm..and no. Not yet. I'll call you tomorrow okay? I'm tired."

She sighed but finally says:"Okay, okay. But Liz, tomorrow you have to tell me everything! Have fun!"

"Bye", I murmured before I looked at Professor Cullen with a raised eyebrow.
"Alexander, hm?"

He moved a little bit uneasy in his seat:"Yes. I figured, as you're in my car in the middle of the night and you're staying at my place...it would be a little bit strange to call me 'Professor Cullen' all the time.. So yeah..you can call me Alexander".

I thought about it with a small smile until I replied:"What about 'Alex'?

"Mhm, nobody has ever called me that, but that's alright as well", he stated noticing my surprised look.

"What?! No one has ever called you 'Alex'? But that fits so well..I mean 'Alexander' fits to your title of course, like..'Professor Alexander Cullen'. But other than that..you're much more, 'Alex' fits to your personality", I exclaimed.

As a result, he simply shook his head and smiled softly at me. He then placed his one hand onto my thigh and caressed my skin with his thumb:

"You're something else, Liz."

I felt like I was going to pass out. The whole situation, his compliment, his touch and the fact that he had just said my first name were almost to much to bear. But before I could work myself up into my feelings any further, the car stopped.

"We're here", he stated lowly. 

I got out of the car and followed him inside the building. We took an elevator to the third floor and stopped at a door on the right. When he opened it, he let me in first. As I walked into his apartment I couldn't help but gasp at the sight. It wasn't big but it was not small either. Big windows offered a great view over the city and large shelves capturew my attention that were filled with books.