Chapter 49 - Returning the gift

After having watched the sunset, we walked back towards our little cabin. 

We were both tired and exhausted from the adventurous day, so we immediately moved towards the bed and lay down on the bed next to each other. 

For a few moments we just lay there, but then I rolled over my side so that I was able to look at him. 

"I hope you liked your birthday...", I half asked and he smiled with his eyes closed.

"Absolutely, it was great", he responded and I glanced down on the mattress. 

"I still can't believe that you arranged all this, knowing that I would be the only one you could spend your birthday with", I whispered and he sat up on his elbows, opening his eyes. 

"I seriously couldn't have imagined it being any better. You should be there. Everyone else can wait", he responded and I smiled at his sweet words. 

"Still, I'm sorry that it had to be this simple. A cake in a mug, no party, decoration or gifts. I've left your gift at home because I thought that we would be-", I started apologizing but he interrupted me. 

"Liz. All of this is not important. You are here, with me. I don't need a gift right now or at all", he tried to soothe my worries.  

I didn't know why but it felt like a deja vu. And when flashbacks of my own birthday appeared in my head, it clicked and I had an idea. A devilish smirk spreadd over my face that I quickly tried to hide behind an innocent expression. 

Still, he seemed to have noticed and gave me a questioning look. 

Shaking my head I said: "I still think that I should give you something."

He didn't seem to get the connection and replied with a light smile:

"No, you really don't have to, love."

Unable to suppress the smirk any longer, I pushed myself up and moved closer towards him, making him lie down flat on the bed again. Swinging one leg over his hips, I leaned down, starting to unbutton his shirt. 

"Mhm...Tell me when I should stop", I grinned against his neck as he swallowed, seeming to realize what I was planning to do. 

His hands moved towards my waist, gripping it firmly, and I could feel the effect that my words had on him against my lower body. 

Letting go of his now open shirt, I took his hands and placed them next to his body again. As he opened his mouth in protest I placed a finger against his lips and whispered:

"Shh...just relax and enjoy it."

His hands were trembling but he tried to remain still as I started placing soft kisses along his jaw before peaking his lips for no longer than a second, only to move along his neck. I took my time as I kissed from his one ear down towards his shoulder, then letting my tongue run up his neck again to stop at one spot and suck at the sensitive skin. 

A mix of a growl and a whimper escaped his lips, making me smile against his skin. Pushing the shirt over his shoulders to expose as much of his muscular torso as possible, I started with my teasing torture. While my fingers traced along the lines of his ab muscles, my lips, slowly made their way down his chest and over his stomach until they reached his belt. 

"Fuck", he hissed as my hand brushed over the bulge in his trousers, before I tugged at the belt to open it, pulling his trousers down. 

Leaving him only in his boxers, I placed heated kisses along its waistband and close to his legs that were, just as his arms, extremely tense from laying still.