Chapter 46 - Ten years

Breakfast was interesting to say the least. When I didn't catch him staring in my direction, I felt his eyes burning into my back. 

And what can I say, I enjoyed it. The past week that we had spent avoiding each other, only seemed to have strengthend our feelings for each other. He and I, we both seemed to have let go of some last hesitations holding us back, which was at the same time incredibly wonderful but also quite dangerous as we could easily forget that we were not alone or stopped thinking about how other people might perceive our behaviour towards each other. 

Still, I couldn't keep the smile from my face. 

Even as Professor Martin announced that we had to finish one last task before the bus ride home, I stayed in my happy little bubble. 

"Alright guys! Concentration, please! Your last assignment will be to make up your mind about the question what you have learned during this trip, through working with out book and our discussions. Reflect on everything and I'm sure you'll come up with something. You can find yourself a quiet space and if you need any help, we'll walk around the area and are always open for a talk. That's it! Good luck!", Mrs Webber explained enthusiastically as ever and for the first time during this trip, I felt the very same. 

As everybody had left in different directions, I stood up as well and looked around, deciding where to go. 

"Unsure about where to go?", Alex's voice made me squirm in surprise. 

"No", I answered with a sweet smile and wanted to head into one direction as he stopped me.

"Okay, I was just wondering. Because I happen to know a quiet place, that's not that easy to find...", he interjected, catching my attention.

I crossed my arms over my chest at his smile, indicating that he was confident of victory. 

But as much as I would have wanted to, I sighed:

"We can't just disappear.."

"We wouldn't disappear. You would just walk about three minutes in this direction until you'll find a small bench in a hidden area", he countered, pointing into the direction.

Having to laugh, I asked: "Oh and let me guess, you are just going to pass by by accident?"

"Maybe. If I'll decide to go into the same direction, then our ways might cross. I would sit down next to you and help you with your task. Totally professional", he stated seriously and I smirked at his eagerness to spend time alone with me, even if we had to plan the coincidences ourselves.

Grabbing my chin, I acted as if I would think about it, teasing him. 

"Mhm..alright then. I'll go my way. Let's see if I end up on said path", I replied playfully and left in a different direction only to follow his description as I was out of his sight. 

I smiled happily, as I found the location he had described and sat down on the bench, starting to write my thoughts into my notebook. 

However, I didn't have to wait more than five minutes until I saw his figure, appearing on the small path.

Closing my book, I smiled at him and stated innocently and slightly dramatic:

"Oh Professor, what a surprise that you've found me here! And I thought I could be alone all by myself, not being found by anyone..."

He rolled his eyes playfully at my reaction, his long strides making their way towards me.

"May I help you with your reflection, Miss White?", Alex asked as he reached me.