chapter 5 - [The Devil Within]

Horikita Suzune POV

I was walking towards my dorm room, with emotions I can't quite understand.

Earlier, my neighbor, AKA Ayanokōji Kiyotaka-kun had a fight with my brother to save me. I didn't do anything - rather - I couldn't do a thing.

My brother isn't exactly an amateur in fighting. He's a Dan Ranker both in Karate and Aikido, 5th and 4th respectively.

Despite that, Ayanokōji-kun won. I didn't pay any attention to him simply because to me, he's just another student in our 'full of defectives' classroom.

And the school placed me there. I couldn't accept it, so I asked our homeroom teacher if it was a mistake. But she said the school didn't make any.

This clearly irritated me. I can confidently say that im better than everyone in our class. I can even say that my qualities are those of a Class A Student. But saying that I was a defective... That was just unacceptable.

Back to the topic at hand. Ayanokōji-kun won, it wasn't even a fight since it only lasted for about 5 seconds. Ayanokōji-kun pinned my brother at the wall.

I was thankful since he saved me, but this, this made me angry. But my brother didn't mind it at all... Infact he looked like he expected it.

I know they met like a week ago, but that didn't explain everything. My brother is the Student Council President, and Ayanokōji Kun is a regular student. There's a big difference there.

My emotions were swirling around inside me and I didn't know what was the right one to show. There was relief, shock, and anger. But as if that wasn't the end....

My brother invited Ayanokōji-kun to the council. I was asking myself what he saw in that emotionless guy but the next scenario made me forget all that

Ayanokōji-kun verbally destroyed me. He was like a whole different person. His words were sharper than knives and it clearly hurted me.
I know he saw that I was on the verge of crying but he didn't stop.

He was, simply put, merciless. He even slapped me which was the final nail in the coffin to make me cry.

Normally something like that won't make me cry. I wouldn't even care since it didn't hurt that much.

But that happened after my brother showed his absolute disgust in me, followed by Ayanokōji Kun's verbal abuse.

I didn't know what was happening anymore. My thoughts up to now was so messed up. After I cried, like nothing even happened Ayanokōji-kun showed concern.

What was even going on! Like a second ago, he was merciless but a second later he cared for me?! I can't understand that guy!

As I was internally screaming, I reached the front of my dorm room. I went inside and prepared to go to sleep.

I didn't understand what just happened, so I just went to sleep. I needed to rest right now. My mind couldn't take all those things at once.
___________________________________________

Ayanokōji Kiyotaka POV

It was currently May 13. Six days after I completely destroyed both Horikitas.

Well, it was my fault since I involved my self in there afair. But having a fight with President and making Horikita cry?... I just didn't know. Things was akward between Horikita and me, but I didn't mind.

Going over to a more serious topic. Tomorrow is the midterm exam. Not that big of a deal to me, but to most of my classmates it was an exam that decided their fate.