Chapter 18 - [Trouble on the Horizon]

Ayanokōji Kiyotaka POV

The Long Yet Very Short Summer Vacation was instantly over, and Morning Came.

Second Semester was Finnaly on our Minds, As to Special Exams that would Naturally pop up More Frequently.

Walking towards the School in this Bright Sunny Day. The Natural was Seen:

Students, clad in red school Uniforms, littered the School like ants as far as the eye can see

It would be interesting if they get squashed like ones either–

"Mornin' Ayanokōji-kun~!"

A Familiar light pat on the back, woke me up from my stupid thoughts. Stopping in my Tracks to Confirm who it was, I was met with a Rather Refreshing Sight

As if the Seasons itself reassembled, Spring had approached me first, before the Gradually Chilling Days Of Fall.

Ichinose Honami — A person I came to know in this school — greeted me with a day-completing smile.

"Oh? Good morning Ichinose. You sure are Early"

"You're pretty Early yourself too, Ayanokōji-kun.... Wanna walk To School Together?"

Ichinose walked towards my side. Asking permission for an Obvious Yes of a Question

Nodding my Head, we continued our Walk towards the School.

Ichinose, walked with skips in her steps. Humming joyfully, as we Stroll.

Glancing at her for a Second, and seeing the Cheerful Face she wore. I was reminded of what I have Read Last Night.

A still Unbelievable notion that would almost seem like a Bad Nightmare. A terrible, Unfunny Joke, as others would naturally deem

I still don't know how to Approach this situation myself. But I do know that there would naturally come a time.

There would always come a time...

"Yaaawn........ Excuse me..."
I let out an unnatural Yawn. Exhaustion clearly noticable in it.

"Hmmmm... It's rare for Ayanokōji-kun to be tired early in the morning. Did you not get enough Sleep?" She asked, curiosity and Worry overlapping in her tone of voice

"Kind of... The Thought of Coming back to School just prevented me from sleeping I guess"

A believable Excuse. After all I can't tell her that I was at the very same school last night.

President and I Finished Ever when time ticked to 1 in the Morning. Maybe a little over it actually.

And I wasn't able to Eat Dinner due to......... Totally not me Leaving it for nought, because I was Playing a Game and getting Late for an Agreed Meeting....

....Yeah... Totally not.

I could have not eaten, but my stomach and Brain didn't allow it. So I was forced to Cook.

Finishing in about another Hour, was when I realized that sleep was long, long Gone.... So... I played the damn game Again to pass time.

I can't tell, if me downloading it was a curse or a blessing.... Either way, it already happened. No use Crying over spilled milk

"Well... I understand what You mean. I was also pretty excited myself, but be sure to sleep Okay?"

Ichinose patted my shoulder with a Caring Smile. Obviously, there wasn't much of an Option but to Nod.