Chapter 28 - [Vow]

Ayanokōji Kiyotaka POV

It was eerily quiet throughout the office room. My dead calm heart, And the constant sipping of Tea was all I could hear.

As I stood Completely still, the man who sat, spat out his First Words.

"Sit Down Kiyotaka. We need to Talk"

"Haaah..." Despite knowing nothing would come out of this, I sat opposite to him. Scared not, of this so-called father of mine.

"There's neither a reason for me to listen to you. Nor a subject for us to talk about"

"You don't decide that" He Stated Flatly.

It's been a year..... No. Almost Two Years, since I last saw this man. But his tone not Attitude haven't changed at all.

Calm as an empty Husk. Blunt like a rock. Yet somehow, still sharper than a refined blade.

Every word he spoke, every look he gave. Nothing about him is likable.

That's why I never wanted to see him again. But, the world's cruel. And one just needs to accept that.

"I've prepared the documents for you to Drop Out. I've spoken to the principal about it. All I need is for you to say Yes"

He started right off to the heart of the matter. Uninterested in the concept of wasting time.

"If that is all we're talking about. Then I'm leaving. I had to leave some friends just because of you. Atleast make this interesting"

"Friends? Don't make me laugh. You are incapable of doing that" the man Sneered. Typical. He just assumes anything he want. And believe it.

"I'll take that as a Compliment. You saying that, proves that I once again did something I was formally not able to do"

Everything about my life, had just been a seemingly impossible task one after another. And it looked like the cycle still hasn't ended.

He Paused to look at me. Narrowing his sharpened eyes.

"You've become quite talkative in the short amount of time we last met. I suppose it's due to this absurd school's influence, hmmm?"

The man rested his Chin atop his hand. Looking down at me as if I were less than filth.

"That's none of your business" I shrugged. Unperturbed of the ice cold look.

"The fact is, you've been behaving selfishly. I ordered both of you to remain on standby. But you had to defy me, Running away with that Girl you had been so fond of"

The Sudden Mention left me quiet. Forced to listen to everything he says

"You used her as a Distraction. While you somehow enrolled at this school. Have you given thought of how much trouble you two have Caused?"

"............"

Little by Little. Everything that happened before I came to this school, resurfaced back atop my mind.

Those Days I wished weren't true. The Harsh Reality of my Situation.
Our agreement. The Spoken Promise. Everything returned.

Until, her Face, popped up my mind.

............Shiro

-an Alluring Girl That I took a liking to back at the White Room.

We were the Opposite yet the exact same In those trying times. Maybe even now...

I could still Vividly Remember her, always pestering me whenever she got the chance