Chapter 8 - [Prologue]

.....
....
...
..
.

Ayanokōji Kiyotaka POV

"Let's Start The First Special Exam Shall We"

And so it begins

"Huh! What do you mean Special exam! I thought we were here to have a vacation!? Like Camping, Barbeques and Girls in Swimsuit!!"

A classmate of mine, Namely Ike, shouted loud enough for everyone to hear

I can't blame him though. Anyone would be surprise when our vacation suddenly got turned into an exam.

But

Can't he be quiet? It's actually embarrassing... Especially when...

"You pervert! Be quiet!" Shinohara shouted at him in return. Other girls were also giving him death glares. That's true not only for our class but for the others as well.

"Please be quiet - I'm going the explain the Rules, Instructions, and the Exam Proper. I would appreciate it if you listen since this is very important"

Mashima sensei warned. Murmurs eventually died down as an unnerving silence took over. The tense atmosphere continued as the blazing heat pierced through us.

"But sensei..." A student suddenly voiced out his opinion "I thought we were here to have a vacation. Isn't suddenly announcing that were going to have an exam, unfair?"

Some students nodded showing their agreement. While the content of the question remained the same. This Boy however said it as a matter of fact. Representing everyone as a whole.

'tsk tsk tsk. This is why you never get a girlfriend Ike. You always prioritize lust. You'll never get the love you deserve if you continue that'
...
...
...

Well maybe saying this to Ike doesn't seat right if it came from me... Since I don't even know what love is in the first place...Ha... Ha..Haha.......Gomen

While I was making sure I remembered how pitiful I really am. Mashima Sensei's voice snapped me out of my thoughts

"That's true" Mashima sensei continued "while yes, in this exam, you are tasked to survive on a deserted island for one whole week-"

Gasps was heard throughout the beach. Some were already complaining to each other as sensei continued

"-however you need not worry. It would make sense for you to have complaints but even though we're calling it an Exam, there's no need for you to think of it as an unhappy term"

This caught the attention of the majority of the students. Listening Closely, Sensei Continued

"In the upcoming week, this whole island will be yours. While there are obviously some rules to be followed, you still have your freedom to do whatever you like. Be it swimming, holding a barbeque. You can also build a campfire and so on and so forth - the theme of these special exam is 'Freedom' after all"

Freedom huh. That's certainly intesteresting... But that also confused some students a lot more

"Theme? Freedom? We're free to do whatever we like but this is called a test?"

The contradiction was confusing Increasing the doubts of the Student body. I was also one of them. If I learned something major about this school in the past couple of months. It's that it's a school far from normal.

It's actually pretty similar to the white room. But it's of course a degraded version of it; maybe about a hundred level gaps or so.

Going with that logic. Having the so called "normal life" was infinitely close to impossible in the first place...