Prologue

Spend long time to make this book

I hope you guys and gals will like it

———

"Remember."

His eyes open widely. He only see darkness consumed him. Dead trees and snow everywhere. The man stands up slowly and see himself only covered in a dirty potato sack.

"Huh?"

He lift some part of the sack and see he is completely exposed. Biting his lips, he starts walking through the snowstorm and avoiding the dead trees.

As he feels they are very alive and would price through him. He walked and then started running. But the forest seems to continues and the snowstorm starts effecting him.

The man fell on his knees and almost closes his eyes if not the low feminine voice kept him awake.

"You okay Mister?"

He raise his head weakly and see the emerald eyes staring into his eyes.

"You... The forest...?"

Looking around, the dead trees and even the snowstorm are gone like they were never here.

"Mister?"

She poke his cheek and he immediately grab her finger. Twisting it a little bit and fortunate, he let go quickly as he realized what he did.

"Sorry."

"It is okay."

Her eyes stare at the ground while the man scratches his head. He begining to think about one certain thing.

'I do not remember a shit...'

He pinch himself by the temple and then look to the girl staring on the ground.

"Got a name kiddo?"

"Gray. My name is Gray, Mister."

"That is a pretty name for a young lady like you. How old are you?"

"Four years old, Mister."

"And where are we Gray?"

"My home village."

"Okay, are there any adults here?"

"Yes, but they are scary."

"What? How scary?"

"Pitchfork and touches. Burning travelers for a ritual."

"For who?"

"Me."

"Why?"

"The villagers told me because I am their king."

"King who?"

"King Arthur."

She kicks her the ground with her boot and the man slowly backed away after hearing that name. King Arthur... A name, which sounds familiar.

"Do you like it?"

"No... I do not like to see people screaming. It gives me nightmares."

The man sighs and then feel someone tapping his shoulder. He turned around and get his face smashed by a wooden bat. As he fall on the ground with a bit blood tailing his forehead, Gray quickly crouched down for him.

"Oi! I got another sacrifice for the ritual!"

"No you do not."

Before the bat wielder could reaction, the man leaps into his chest and gives a quick beating before other villagers arrived.

Pitchfork and touches.

Just like Gray told him. The black-haired man cracks his knuckles and to everyone's surprise. His potato sack turned into very formal cloth. Red butterfly tie over the white shirt and over those, a black suit with a pocket watch hanging in the chest pocket.

The man fixes his white gloves and look back to Gray with soft eyes.

"Do not look."

She look away with her tiny hands covering her eyes. But that did not stop her for hearing the screams and pleading for forgiveness.

Moments later, Gray feels pair of hands over her hands and feel them lowering down too.

"You can look again, young lady."

Gray open her eyes and see the man on his knee with her fellow villagers are lying behind dead. She shiver as she sees the lifeless eyes from an one, but calm down by the man's embraced.

"Sorry, please accept my apology."

"Accepted."

Good, want to leave?"

"Please."

The man lifts her up and walk the opposite direction from the dead bodies of the villagers. Then Gray ask one important question.

"What is your name Mister?"

"Your name, low peasant?"

"I do not have a name..."

"Is that so? Your name will then be Y/N."

"... I think Y/N."

The man look into Gray's eyes and they beam in awe. Her words made Y/N feel warmth, as it felt last time was long time ago.

"I like your name, Mister Y/N."

They slowly disappear from the view and one fairy looking woman with veil, clenched her hand into a fist and whispered two words out.

"Damn you."