Reunion Went Sideways

[2004]

She opens an eye as the sounds of the machine blips endlessly. She grumbles and punches the alarm to stop.

"Stupid machine." She roses up from the bed with a yawn and morning hair. She hears the sounds from the kitchen as she steps downstairs.

"Good morning."

"Morning." She responded back and sits on the chair and waited for breakfast.

"Did you stay late last night?" He places the plate down and sets her hair up into a ponytail.

"No..." He shakes his head and walks up to the door.

"See you at the school, Rin." The girl waves with her briefly and shifted her attention to her breakfast.

"..." Rin quietly trimmed the food in bites and remember something important.

"The Grail!"

———

Y/N sees the red-haired boy doing his morning routine and thought about something. A Gate drops two swords into both hands of Y/N and he stabs one right beside the boy's head.

"Y/N?"

"Take it."

The boy quickly takes the sword and clashes it against Y/N's. The black-haired man chuckles and leans forward with his sword, pushing the boy back.

"Can we not do this today?" The teen asks the adult, but Y/N just headbutt him and the boy stumbles on the ground.

"Be happy I got an appointment today, or I would whip your ass on the ground." Y/N helps the boy and the swords disappear into Mana particles.

"You should kick his butt for slacking off." Then another person appeared and she leaned against the wall with a taunting expression.

"Well, you can take a match against him and see how much you like, for an entire year! Onee-san!" The girl just giggle and turned around to head to the next room.

"Did you train last night again?" The teen nodded as Y/N helps him up.

"Remember it takes time."

"I know, I just feel a bit of failure for not reaching another step for an entire year of trying."

"Do not be unmotivated because of that. I see greatness in you. You just need a real purpose and you reach the next step."

The teen nodded and Y/N pats him on the back as they walked out of the kendo room.

"I will take my left before they get angry and please, do not make yourself a fool in front of Sakura." The boy is immediately flustered by the name as he knows what Y/N means by that.

"Sakura and I are just friends."

"Sure and I am an ugly bastard." Y/N jokes and slowly starting to dust away.

"See you at the school, Shirou."

The teen waves his hand as Y/N uses his short teleportation to disappear from the Emiya household.

<><><>

Souji and Artoria locked their eyes on each other as the wooden swords clashed. They let go of the presence and Mana starts flowing up in the air.