Chapter 19

Siddharth's POV

The doorbell rang and I opened the door. Maurvi was standing there with a big tray. I smiled at her and took the tray from her.  She asked me to wait for a minute and went back to her home to get breakfast for both of us.

" Oh my god.. are you alright ?? Why have you cooked so much? " I laughed. Just then bhai came out smiling from the kitchen. She smiled at him.

" It is just that...  I thought that aunty would be too tired to prepare food today so I... "

" How sweet !!  Let me see what have you made. Oh my god.!!  Rajma, Baingan Bharta, stuffed grilled bell peppers and Jeera Rice. Everything is my favourite. Thanks, Mom would love it. Hey, by the way, are you trying to impress her by any chance?? " I asked her with a smirk.

" No. It was not like that, I swear."  She blushed.

" Relax beautiful,  I was just teasing. " I smiled at her. Bhai laughed and punched me lightly on my arm. I went to keep that tray inside as it had lots of food and came back for another one.

Bhai took the breakfast Tray from her and hugged her lightly. " Good morning beautiful. What is this?"

" I prepared the breakfast for Noopur and Kshitij, so prepared for you as well. "

" Did I tell you that you are the best girl in the world? " I said with a grin.

" No. You didn't tell me that so do it now. "  She smiled.

" Well Maurvi, you are the best girl in the world.  I just told bhai to prepare something to eat.  " I said and she smiled and bhai gave the tray to me. I removed the lid of the hot box.

" Wow!! Paneer parantha!!  Love you. Thanks for this or we would have eaten some boring toast... " I said and she smiled. I went inside to eat that and I also wanted to leave them alone.

Maurvi was a bit tensed because bhai was going to tell our parents about them.  But bhai assured her and they both went their way.

*******

I was waiting for my parents and just then the bell rang. I almost ran to the door to open it.

My dad was standing there. I hugged him really hard, he patted on my back.  My dad was my most favourite person on this earth.

" Dad, I missed you "

" I missed you too. That is why we came back sooner. "

" Where is mom? "

" She had to go to her brother's home. She will be back by evening. "

" Ok "

" So what is going on young man?? Any new developments?? Any girlfriend?? " He asked.

" No girlfriend till now... "  I said thinking about her. But she had not given me that right yet.

" Both my sons are so slow... When will you grow up?? I was married to your mom when I was your age. Come on yaar, find someone. " 

Before I could say anything bhai also came. He hugged dad too. I was very hungry, so I reheated the food and we all started enjoying the food, It was awesome.

" Wow!! From where did you get this food? It is awesome!!  Just like home-cooked food. " Dad said taking another helping.

" It is home-cooked dad. "  Bhai said with a smile, I winked at him.

" You are not such a good cook," Dad said teasing him.

"  I  had amazing food during this vacation, though mom was not here. I did not miss her cooking at least. I ate very nice and hot healthy home-cooked food almost every day, just as good as mom's food.  Dad, actually,  bhai has a surprise for you."  I said grinning.