Chapter 57

Shruti's POV

Papa asked about Nihal and I told him everything. He was shocked to hear all that.

"  Nihal is not like that, there must be some kind of misunderstanding. I will talk to him. He is a very good and responsible boy. I am sure, he must be feeling very bad by now. " Papa said.

" There is nothing like that... I think you should not talk to him. I don't know, how he used to be, but now he is anything but good and responsible.  He was misbehaving with him and if you will try to talk to him, he might do the same with you. "

" What nonsense ?? Of course, I have to talk to him. He is the only son in our family. We can't afford not to talk to him. I will make him realise his mistake. "

" Papa, he has changed... He does not even respect Tauji. He didn't even bother about his health. He was even reluctant to bring him to the hospital. But since, I could not leave him there dying, so when I decided to bring him here he had to come. "

" But he came... How would have you managed without him? "

" Papa, I am as much educated as he is. Hence, I am as capable as him. As it is, he did nothing more than being a driver. I could have done that too. "

" I don't want to argue with you. You could do that because you had his support. "

" No, I could do that because I am educated. My senior doctors and colleagues helped me,  Nihal did not. All he is concerned is about his share in the property. "

" Ok, fine... You have done a good job. But Nihal is the only son of the family. I need to bring him back on the right path. "

" As you wish. " I said.

Papa tried to call Nihal but he didn't even pick up the call. But my dad kept trying. I knew that he would not come. 

I went to enquire about the amount that was to be paid.

" Shruti? What are you doing here? " Siddharth saw me near the cash counter and asked.

" I wanted to ask, how much money is to be deposited? "

" Don't worry about that, it will be taken care of. I took permission from the authorities, to let Vikram treat the patient as the senior cardiologist is on leave. "

" Oh great !!  My father is asking as he would have to pay, if the most responsible son, according to him, refuses to do that, which I am very much sure he would. "

" Sarcasm?? "

" I told him everything still he thinks that Nihal is a good son.  He will realise the mistake and will talk to his dad. He didn't even want to bring his dad here. My father said that I could not have managed without Nihal.  "

"  Is it?? Then we will make him realise that you are much more capable than this Nihal. "

" There is no use ... I am a girl and according to him sons are more capable. He just drove us here. I could have done that too. "

" Wait and watch... We will make them realise. Now come with me and eat something. I know you have not had anything.  Don't spoil your mood. Everything will be fine."  He said.

Just then his phone buzzed, he took the call.

" Yes, bhai??... Oh, you are here. I am at the reception only. Please come in. " He said.

" Love, just go to your dad, we will come to the ICU along with the cardiologist here. " He said and  I nodded. I went to inform my father of that.